Respected Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

What would you do if you saw someone in a parade ripping apart an American flag?

That happened at the BB parade in Chicago and it was televised on t.v.  The police could do nothing because they said it was her 1st Amendment right.

She even went to the sidelines and encouraged young children to help her rip up the flag.

Something is wrong here.

@newname0 

I could not prevent her from destroying the flag but I certainly would have prevented her from asking any of the children I was with to do so. That is my freedom of speech and would have been my verbal protest action against her.

Honored Contributor

Any well wishes for the boy who was knocked out with a punch last week for not removing his hat during the National Anthem @newname0 ?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

I would salute the flag with my hand over my heart while she ripped it. 

My husband died for that flag and chose to have one inside the top of his casket.

Esteemed Contributor

I know what my grandparents had to do to get here.  The greatest gift they gave me was that I am an American.  Free speech or not these people are dispicable and should never have to suffer what it is like to not be an American.  

Trusted Contributor
Everyone has such good points...whether I agree with them or not. And this is such a healthy discussion. Bottom line is...no matter what "side" you're on, just try your best to be a good person.
Respected Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
Everything is so messed up. People don't realize how good they have it here. That being said, the only thing I have control over is myself. I choose to respect my flag & my country. I choose to stand for my national anthem & put my hand over my heart. That's the freedom of speech I choose. Beth, please don't delete. I'm truly not trying to be political. Thank you.

Good for you! Now, respect the rights those who feel differently. There are other places that you can move to, if you don't believe in the Constitution.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@bobby5 wrote:
Everything is so messed up. People don't realize how good they have it here. That being said, the only thing I have control over is myself. I choose to respect my flag & my country. I choose to stand for my national anthem & put my hand over my heart. That's the freedom of speech I choose. Beth, please don't delete. I'm truly not trying to be political. Thank you.

Good for you! Now, respect the rights those who feel differently. There are other places that you can move to, if you don't believe in the Constitution.

@mom2four0418  or if you don’t respect the flag and what it represents. 

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor
@mom2four0418

Look up above at the 2nd comment I just posted. I think you'll stop yelling at me when you read it.😊
Honored Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

What would you do if you saw someone in a parade ripping apart an American flag?

Not.

One.

Da.mn.

Thing.

I pay to live in this country where I can do this.

Bravo!

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@newname0 wrote:

Not.

One.

Da.mn.

Thing.

I pay to live in this country where I can do this.

Bravo!

@sidsmom  And what of people who don’t pay...they have no rights?

Keepin' it real.