Trusted Contributor

Re: proud to be an American

[ Edited ]

That would bother me a lot.

And what bothers me daily when I see it - guys with full sized American flags attached to their pickup trucks and SUVs.   They think they're being all patriotic and big tough guy.  I see terrible disrespect to our flag as they bully people on the road with the flag being all torn to tatters from flapping in the wind.

Not to mention they look like absolute morons.  Don't even get me started!  Woman Frustrated Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

And what bothers me daily when I see it - guys with full sized American flags attached to their pickup trucks and SUVs.   They think they're being all patriotic and big tough guy.  I see terrible disrespect to our flag as they bully people on the road with the flag being all torn to tatters from flapping in the wind.

Not to mention they look like absolute morons.  Don't even get me started!  Woman Frustrated Woman Mad

@PilatesLoverMany of those "big tough guys" are veterans.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@PilatesLover wrote:

@PilatesLoverMany of those "big tough guys" are veterans.

Veterans or not, that does NOT give them the right to act like jerks and bully people on the road.

And if they truly are "veterans", then you woud think that they would have more respect for the flag, than to leave it all tattered and torn on the back of their trucks.

Being a veteran is not an excuse to acting like a donkey's rear-end.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.