Honored Contributor

Re: #plutoflyby to see Instagram photos NASA PHOTO

Simply amazing!

It is nice to see a space thread here and to finally see it in the news. My husband and I watch many space programs and very much enjoy them. There are some incredibly interesting things going on right now in terms of space exploration.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze I agree!  As far as our DD goes, it is all so blase... it is like nobody her age ever even thought about space being such a "new world" full of mystery!  I hope she soon realizes what a feat it is to have investigated some of our solar system...and more lies ahead.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@HappyDaze I agree!  As far as our DD goes, it is all so blase... it is like nobody her age ever even thought about space being such a "new world" full of mystery!  I hope she soon realizes what a feat it is to have investigated some of our solar system...and more lies ahead.

I think that is sad about your DD but I am afraid that is pretty typical. They are too busy on their phones, social networks, etc to think about what lies beyond what is right in front of them, lol! Ah if only we all understood that we are a mere spec  (not even!!) in this huge world, solar system, galaxy and beyond.

I am so tired of the news always having terrible stories on them and hardly ever anything about the new space findings or any science breakthroughs or discoveries, like new dinosaur species found. Can't we have a mix and not just all bad bad bad?

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

I love to learn, too!  It is so exciting when everybody "pools" their knowledge and shares!  Not everyone is a "NASA-nerd" like me, but it sure is good to know that there are others of my kind "out there!"

I like that!

My Dad is a NASA-nerd from the moon walk through the shuttle era.  For Father's Day I got him an autographed book from the NASA employee gift store.  I mentioned it to a coworker.  I told her I wanted to get him something with more umph.

She gave me the 50 year anniversary book to give to him.  It was nice.

When I went home two weeks later, he had it sitting on the table.  It looked worn!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Science Channel on TV has a show on right now (ET) about Pluto called Direct from Pluto: The First Encounter and it interviews the team about what New Horizons did, plus of course there are photos and some history about the orb in the sky. Check guide for repeats.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Science Channel on TV has a show on right now (ET) about Pluto called Direct from Pluto: The First Encounter and it interviews the team about what New Horizons did, plus of course there are photos and some history about the orb in the sky. Check guide for repeats.

I have it recording!!! Can't wait to watch it!

Honored Contributor

COOL!!!

Thanks for sharing this amazing shot, LTT.  8)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ta- da!

Plutodog.gif (157×300)

Esteemed Contributor

And it's not done yet !