Respected Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@Tyak wrote:

apologizing for the delay in shipping my order.  If they'd get their act together, they wouldn't have to be making calls like this.  It's been 'in process' for 6 days now.

I have another item that I returned for exchange and it sat at the PO for 10 days before it went on its way.  (That's on the usps for poor service.)

@Tyak,  not necessarily USPS.  My understanding from member and mod posts is that the PO holds QVC returns until a 3rd party contractor picks them up which may not occur for days.

Yes, it’s not USPS, it’s QVC’s contract with their third-party contractor that creates this delay. The packages left at the PO or UPS store have to accumulate to a specified number of packages or reach a weight threshold to trigger the pickup. I’ve had packages sit for as long as 10 days. I imagine they have to show up once it twice a month regardless. This is one reason why the exchange process doesn’t work efficiently. 

Interesting.

Trusted Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@MarkeieMark wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@Tyak wrote:

apologizing for the delay in shipping my order.  If they'd get their act together, they wouldn't have to be making calls like this.  It's been 'in process' for 6 days now.

I have another item that I returned for exchange and it sat at the PO for 10 days before it went on its way.  (That's on the usps for poor service.)

@Tyak,  not necessarily USPS.  My understanding from member and mod posts is that the PO holds QVC returns until a 3rd party contractor picks them up which may not occur for days.

Correct.  In my case it was two weeks.  I finally went back to the post office, and good thing I packaged it in another box which was bright orange, because they were able to tell which one was mine out of the whole 'pile'.  The PO lady's words.  I just kept it.

@MarkeieMark  What do you mean, she just kept it? A package is not a magazine that someone refused, this is a package with return postage attached to it, they accepted the package it's on them to see it moves down the line.

@blackhole99 No sorry dear my fault for not being clear.  The PO lady found it in the pile, and I took it back, and just wound up keeping it.  It's a nice speaker.

Contributor

Would be helpful if QVC would identify the item that will be delayed; occasionally I have additional  items that haven't been shipped.

Honored Contributor

It was nice of them call you anyway.  I have nothing to complain about, I'm getting my purchases in less than 7 days now.  My friends and family say the same thing.  There were some problems a while back but QVC seems to have resolved those issues.  I would not call 6 days "in processing"  a long time because many items are sent out from the manufacturer now.  

Honored Contributor

I so wish they would just email me and not phone me. Don't we get enough calls every day from who knows who? I almost didn't even answer the QVC calls.

Respected Contributor

If your area is a low volume QVC one i could see how returns could take a lot longer.  My area post office is pretty active with QVC packages so my returns are speedy.  QVC customers should not be penalized because of the Qs local demographics.  At least that is what i think.  

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I so wish they would just email me and not phone me. Don't we get enough calls every day from who knows who? I almost didn't even answer the QVC calls.

i get emails from qvc.....check your settings.

my most recent ones were when a return was "on its way back" and when a return credit was processed.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein