Honored Contributor

peter thomas roth mother turns 100!

i use some of the peter thomas roth skincare line (i especially love his masks and scrubs.)

i saw this on facebook yesterday and PTRs mom, carole roth, turned 100 and looks fabulous. i love what he wrote about his mom and her lifestyle. it made me smile and chuckle a bit when i read about her habits. she has lived quite a life!

via facebook

Happy 100th bday Mom! We Love you! And Modeling at 100! That’s a big Wow!!!

Party tonight! Pics to follow! 

Secrets of longevity! Good genes. Lots of sleep. Reads a lot, bread, butter & vodka. Rare or raw meat. She is blessed. 

She likes: bread & butter. Vodka. Steak & tuna tartare. Rare: filet migon, lamb chops, hamburgers. Bread & butter, more vodka, lobster, shrimp, duck, brown meat chicken. She doesn’t like cake much. No chocolate. Yes coffee and ice cream. Did I mention bread & butter & vodka? Dirty, litchi, or apple martinis, coffee in the AM. 

Reads 1-2 books a week. Up at 11am-2pm. In bed 1am-4am. Takes sleeping pills. Reads all day. Watches the 6:30pm evening news, Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy or out to dinner. Plays cards 2x a week. Likes to shops, hair & nails always done. 

Great health, fragile bones. Breaks something every 3 years! 

Carole Szanto Roth born in Debrecen Hungary. Youngest of 6. 
When the Nazis came to Hungary they put her entire family into a ghetto & soon in a cattle train to Auschwitz. Luckily the USA bombed the tracks to Auschwitz. They diverted the train to a Nazi brick work Concentration camp near Vienna where she was for 9 months. No bathroom. Bathed in the nearby lake when it wasn’t frozen, very little food, she was 85 pounds. But they survived. 

After the war she was in Germany in a DP camp for 4 years waiting for her visa to the USA. In Germany she drove to Italy often, bought cigarettes & sold them in the DP camp. Life was good there. She immigrated to the USA in 1950 & became a citizen. 

She was a hat & hand model in the garment center. 

Mom decided blonds must have more fun.  She dyed her black hair blonde & went to visit Robert, a friend, to show him. His brother Joseph Roth, was there. They met for the first time as a blonde. Blonds do have more fun. They married a few years later. 

My dad Joseph Roth immigrated from Mischolc Hungry before the war in 1939 with his first wife & my half brother. His entire family in Hungary were killed in Auschwitz-Birkenau. 

My mom is grandma to my 2 sons Ryan & Brendan, step grandma to my brothers 4 kids & great grandma to their 11 kids.

ptr mom 1.jpg

ptr mom 2.jpg

ptr mom 3.jpg

there are more photos on fb if you are interested. Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: peter thomas roth mother turns 100!

[ Edited ]

Mazel Tov to the entire Roth Family. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

THATS 100 yr old?????

Well, get me some more PTR!!  heh

@sunshine45   THANKS!   for sharing this!!

BIG reason to celebrate!

(added:  Altho, Mom's doing everything I dont do!

Maybe I should re-think my whole anti-aging regimen)

Esteemed Contributor

I love bread and butter. What a wonderful life she's lived. She looks fabulous. 

Honored Contributor

Happy 100th Birthday Greeting Card - Beautiful Flowers and Flashing Sparkles

Respected Contributor

How wonderful!  There's nothing like overcoming adversities.  

His mom looks fantastic and reminds me of @StylishLady2 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Super Contributor

Happy 100th Birthday to her. 🥳
Respected Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

Happy 100th Birthday Greeting Card - Beautiful Flowers and Flashing Sparkles

~~~~~~~~~~~

@meallen616 

WOW!  Gorgeous & Sparkling!  Woman Very Happy

Makes me want to be 100!!    

Happy Birthday, Mom'Roth! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Phenomenal spirit and genes!  She appears to be an indomitable sort of woman.  Bravo!

Many, many more, Mrs. Roth!  You are an inspiration.

[I just ate a slice of bread coated in butter before reading this.]

Frequent Contributor

DH keeps saying I'll see 100. I turn 89 in October and feel great. WineDressBootsTree2 copy.png