Respected Contributor

Re: parents forced to evict their son

One story I heard said he didn't have a job, another said he had an online business.  As soon as I graduated high school and had a full-time job I started paying my parents room and board.  This was many years ago but I felt it was the responsible thing to do.  I did wind up moving out at age 22 into an apartment with a roommate.  Maybe they need to change the locks on their doors.  It's kind of creepy.

Respected Contributor

So many questions.  How did he get custody of the Child in the 1st place?  Children are very expensive to raise, but he has no job?  I assume the Grandparents bought everything the Little Guy needed?  This is really messed up, and as Catty2 just posted ~It's kind of creepy.  REALLY CREEPY!  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

they say judge ordered his eviction today....good!

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I'm following this story on another site & people are talking about how mean the PARENTS are!!!

???

Airing your dirty laundry is often looked down upon. I do not know any parent who threw their kid out and publicized it. Perhaps that is why some think less of the parents...

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11  He is the one that called a press conference ,not the parents

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@Trinity11  He is the one that called a press conference ,not the parents

@cherry...I think the blame goes both ways. 

Respected Contributor

based on what I just heard the parents did alot to help him be independent and move out w/o it ever coming to this.  They say he is still going to fight the ruling....crazy and needs to grow up!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I'm following this story on another site & people are talking about how mean the PARENTS are!!!

???

Airing your dirty laundry is often looked down upon. I do not know any parent who threw their kid out and publicized it. Perhaps that is why some think less of the parents...

@Trinity11

This went to their state's Supreme Court, so the press picked it up, but I don't see anything to indicate that the parents "publicized" it. 

I'm really surprised this guy isn't the least bit embarrassed by this!

Respected Contributor

My initial impression is that he has some sort if mental illness. Any weapons should be confiscated immediately. Between his child and parents, he may be at risk for doing something desperate / violent.

Maybe Dr Phil needs to have a chat with him. Lol.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

???

@Trinity11

This went to their state's Supreme Court, so the press picked it up, but I don't see anything to indicate that the parents "publicized" it. 

I'm really surprised this guy isn't the least bit embarrassed by this!

If the guy was embarrassed he wouldn't still be living at home, let alone fighting to stay there.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.