Honored Contributor

parents forced to evict their son

I have a hard time believing he  became just  like this overnight. I am more inclined to think ,they spoiled him, to the point ,he became this person

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5759301/Deadbeat-millennial-tells-parents-sought-evict-home....

Honored Contributor

Re: parents forced to evict their son

I got as far as "living rent free for a decade" and needed to know no more.

His parents are idiots.

Esteemed Contributor

What a freak.

Esteemed Contributor

As a mother I don’t understand how the relationship got so broken.I guess maybe his parents spoiled him.But still it sounds like something else is going on too. It’s hard to figure out. 

I can’t imagine throwing my son out.Then again my son works hard both in law school & his job.We always taught him that if you want something you have to work for it.The world doesn’t owe you a living!!

Esteemed Contributor

I think the reason for the eviction can be summed up by these two excerpts from the article:

#1:  His parents also went to court to try to get visitation of their grandchild. Michael says it was two days after that hearing that he got his first letter, in which his parents said they had 'decided that you must leave this house immediately'.

#2:  Michael also wouldn't go into detail about how he lost custody of his son, but insists he is a 'great father' and that the court ruling was 'unreasonable'.

The judge in that case said he could see his son, but only in therapeutic environments. And the boy's mother has to approve.

As an aside I suspect the one photo of the son might have had a bearing on custody.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

His parents just won their lawsuit.

I can't believe this case went to the State Supreme Court!  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Marp  do you think he is dangerous?

Valued Contributor

My BF has a son, age 39 ... still living at home, lost his driver's license due to DUI's, works now and then, drinks, buy CIGs with stolen money from mom's purse.  They threw him out twice, giving him a few dollars...he's home again.   Kids need to know consequences of their actions....if he were mine....gone~!

Honored Contributor

I really think kids having a part time job, while in school is a good thing. It teaches them the value of a dollar, gives them an idea of how life really is, and helps them develop a good  work ethic

Honored Contributor

I wonder what weapons they were referring to. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan