Honored Contributor

paging wookie RE: delaware and maryland beaches

wookie, HI!!! i have not seen you around for a while. i saw your "note" to me on the other thread about COTTAGE CAFE. we spent a lot more time at the beach this summer and we probably went to cottage cafe AT LEAST ten times. the food is good, it is reasonably priced for the area, the wait times are not too bad, and they have great muffins. Smiley Happy

we also managed to try a few new places this summer. FRESCOS.... which is upscale american/italian.... expensive delicious entrees and appetizers, very good drinks and excellent service and atmosphere. we were upset that one of our favorites caught on fire....CATCH 54, but we went a bit further down to try LOBSTER SHANTY, which was noisy but the food was good.

we also tried out OFF THE HOOK and sat at the chefs bar towards the back. we got to watch the chefs cook the meals, ask questions, and get some free samples from the chef. the food was good and different and very fresh.

we went to TURQUOISE.... the new greek restaurant that opened. the food was good, but it was VERY slow and the waitstaff seemed a bit inexperienced, but overall it was good food at a very good price. no liquor license yet, but i am sure that will help business.

i loved the farmers markets that were around town this year.... great fresh produce.

did you try any place new this year???

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein