Esteemed Contributor

Re: p.s. About laundry detergents

@lovesrecess wrote:

New parents are sent home with  all kinds of samples of formula, etc....they should also be given samples of unscented detergent to wash baby's blankets, sheets, and clothing.

@lovesrecess I got a box of Dreft in my baby pack from my OB/GYN and the hospital's baby pack as well contained Dreft and Purex for babies. Everything that touched my kids skin was pre-washed before it touched them.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMeei like nellies, i use it on every thing,except my white towels, i use arm and hammer detergent ,i like to add bleach to my white towels,wash rags. white panties.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@CatBagLover wrote:

SilleeMe - Thanks for that web/site tip. I never heard of that site. What a great price! Smiley Wink

@CatBagLover,

About jet's search engine...I had trouble finding the Nellie's 100-load tin when I searched jet's site. The only way I got to put it in my cart was to search google first then click thru from there. fyi

Jet's search engine leaves much to be desired.Smiley Indifferent But their shipping time makes up for it.Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I just started using Nellie's.  I hate those dryer sheets as they leave a film on clothing.  I also gag when I walk down the laundry/cleaner aisle in grocery stores -- the smell is horrible. 

Respected Contributor

This is a great topic. I have a little asthma, and the thing that gets it going are strong smells...smoke, room freshener, perfumes, walking down the cleaning products aise in a store, etc. They act as irritants in my lungs.

I haven't had asthma brought on by laundry detergents, but I have had itching brought on by Tide.  It just doesn't agree with my skin.  I know that Tide makes one that is supposedly free and clear of irritants.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I make my own laundry detergent now or buy goats milk laundry soap & also use soap nuts. I used to use Tide Unscented because I cannot stand the smell of laundry detergent, fabric softener or dryer sheets. The clothes I wore when I was in Fl at my sisters house in June still smell like Tide & Downy. Wonder how many times I will have to wash them to get rid of it.

Right now we are sleeping on Bamboo Sheets & you are not supposed to use laundry soap, fabric softener, dryer sheets or vinegar. I wash them with soap nuts. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

I make my own laundry detergent now or buy goats milk laundry soap & also use soap nuts. I used to use Tide Unscented because I cannot stand the smell of laundry detergent, fabric softener or dryer sheets. The clothes I wore when I was in Fl at my sisters house in June still smell like Tide & Downy. Wonder how many times I will have to wash them to get rid of it.

Right now we are sleeping on Bamboo Sheets & you are not supposed to use laundry soap, fabric softener, dryer sheets or vinegar. I wash them with soap nuts. 

@Nightowlz,

I am so glad to have read your post! Smiley HappyThis is the first time I've heard of soap nuts so I googled them and now I am going to buy some. This will fall in line with the rest of my "purge" of bad stuff in my house. Thank you so much!Smiley Very Happy

@Nightowlz what brand do you recommend? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I just bought that new detergent called purisol or something close.It smells so strong that I can't get near my laundry room without gagging,I seem to have developed a strong reaction to chemicals over the years.

Honored Contributor

From O/P:  I'm so glad that you are enjoying this thread.  I was indeed worried because I meant to reply to the Rash thread, instead of starting a new thread.   Thanks, everyone, for your input/suggestions/ideas/experiences.  Heart  Have a nice weekend, friends.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

PURISIL, is awful i tried the disher washer detergent, i hated it ,the smell.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.