Honored Contributor

Re: out door electric grills

@goldensrbest wrote:

I am tired of prophane tanks, my top broke off my gas grill, i am alone, husband passed, thinking of buying one.

I am by myself too so that Masterbuilt is perfect for me.  I also bought a CharBroil version at one time but to be honest I didn't care for it (plus it was for me harder to put together) so when they ran the Masterbuilt as a TSV again (they do it every spring) I bought one right away.  Much easier to put together and this time QVC sent me a video on how to put it together which really helped me when I was having trouble putting the lid on.

Good luck goldensrbest, I hope you get something you like!

Valued Contributor

I have been wondering the same thing.  Do any of the electric grills let you use wood chips for extra flavor?  I thought I had seen that once, but I haven't seen it lately, so maybe I was just confused.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't understand why people gather up their meat, salt and pepper, barbecue sauce, plates and haul them all outside where it's hot as hades for the exact same flavor they'd get in the kitchen with a lot less work.  I can understand charcoal or hickory smoked grills, but electric?  Naw.

I I don't understand it either.