Honored Contributor

Our plan - 140 homes plus the plan across the street adds up to 210 homes. We have a combined food drive every year. This year we got $235 plus 2, full to the absolute max they could hold, pickup trucks of food. I'm always amazed at the generosity of my neighbors. We had many volunteers and it made for light work, though I'm exhausted now.

We will also participate in the postal food drive on Mother's day weekend. 

At our food bank this will be all the large donations they will get through the summer as about 3/4 of the population here goes north in April & May and doesn't come back until late fall or after Christmas.

Valued Contributor

@151949

That is so greatYou really get a wonderful turnout.

Have a peaceful, quiet Easter week and a very Happy Easter! 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting.

Honored Contributor

@151949.  Sounds like you got a lot accomplished and helped many people in the process. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJwrote:

@151949.  Sounds like you got a lot accomplished and helped many people in the process. 

We had many volunteers so it was a sorta organized caos. This was our 6th year to do this so by now we are getting pretty well organized.

I thought we were going to be moving this year so I looked for someone to take organizing it over from us. The couple who did  were great and did a fine job.