Respected Contributor

has shockingly reached a new low in its treatment of wildlife. Allowing the killing of bear cubs and wolf pups in their dens is barbaric and inhumane. The proposed regulations cast aside a primary purpose of national preserves to conserve wildlife and wild places,

Another pending  rule, expected to be released on Wednesday, would overturn similar restrictions in Kenai National Wildlife Refuge.

Esteemed Contributor

There you go, nice to have a dad like that.

Trusted Contributor

Anyone who would kill denning wolf pups or bear cubs or denning animals of any age isn’t human. This sickens me. 

Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

has shockingly reached a new low in its treatment of wildlife. Allowing the killing of bear cubs and wolf pups in their dens is barbaric and inhumane. The proposed regulations cast aside a primary purpose of national preserves to conserve wildlife and wild places,

Another pending  rule, expected to be released on Wednesday, would overturn similar restrictions in Kenai National Wildlife Refuge.

I don't know the situation, but I'll say that letting animals overpopulate where they die of disease and starvation is to no greater glory either.

Some common sense has to be used.  So don't condem ALL hunting until you've seen animals starving.  Or whole herds dying of disease.

Valued Contributor

This is sickening.  I cannot understand how killing bears or any others animals brings pleasure.   Take away their guns and make it an even playing field.  Then, let's see how big and brave these hunters are.   That, I would pay to watch.  Thinning the herd still means men with guns having no problem pulling that trigger.  

There is a movie called "The Bear."  Beautiful and sad in parts, but a good ending.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

I don't know the situation, but I'll say that letting animals overpopulate where they die of disease and starvation is to no greater glory either.

Some common sense has to be used.  So don't condem ALL hunting until you've seen animals starving.  Or whole herds dying of disease.

where does it say all hunting is being condemned  so you're ok with killing hibernating bears and the cubs and wolves and their pups in their dens  in national wildlife refuges in Alaska 

Respected Contributor

June 10, 2020 - ANCHORAGE, Alaska —  today continued efforts to repeal protections for brown bears and other wildlife on Center for Biological Diversity logopublic lands in Alaska. In this latest step, the administration proposed to repeal  rule that prohibited numerous ecologically harmful hunting methods on Alaska’s Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, such as gunning down brown bears at bait stations and using cruel leghold traps.

Honored Contributor

Who  are these "people" that call this sport?   I wouldn't want to know people like that.  It isn't for food either.  It is for sport...then they eat it or give away.  My cousins live in Alaska, and he is a hunter. As I are most Alaskans.  But does not abide by these new rules, nor people he knows.  His land backs up to national preserve. 

Respected Contributor

Re: other news overlooked

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Some people just love killing animals with their big bad guns. And collecting their "trophies", and posting it on social media. It's a sad life if you ask me.

Me, I like to take pictures of animals and admire them from afar.  Don't need to try to prove anything about myself by killing animals.

Most people in Alaska are hunting for meat. Buying your meat from the store means someone else killed the animal for you. And in far more awful ways than hunting. 

Honored Contributor

Instead of moving forward, they always go backwards restoring antiquated laws.  

One day, there won't be wild animals on this planet because of human selfish unwillingness to share it with them.