Honored Contributor

Re: opinions please on a upcoming church event

My husband traveled a lot and I just went!  It didn't bother me and didn't seem to bother anyone else.  At least if it did they kept it to themselves!  Woman Very Happy

We used to go to awards dinners and work dinners with speakers and such and we'd walk in and he would go one way and me the other and we'd both work the room and meet in the middle.

Then we'd compare notes about who we saw and who each of us wanted to see after dinner and we'd part company again!  LOL!!!!  

Honored Contributor

It's church, go!!!!!   Just talk and be yourself.  You're going to make friends.  Let's hope you've found a great group of people to know.  What a gift you've been given!

Honored Contributor

You should definitely go! I am sure once you are there, you will find you are not the only one without a partner..And even if you end up being the only one, I am sure they will still welcome you and make you feel comfortable..I am glad you found a new church!!

Respected Contributor

Ok. I'm going.   not much visiting or mixing it seems at this church. Foyer is small and Not really conducive for it, but gotta start somewhere.

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

Ok. I'm going.   not much visiting or mixing it seems at this church. Foyer is small and Not really conducive for it, but gotta start somewhere.

Out of a (mostly stranger) crowd, there's always one or two people/couples I really like. 

So even if this group doesn't seem like *mixer-types*, you'd probably be surprised how many people do like to get together and become friends.

I realize you're going it alone, but mention your husband.  If anyone seems interesting and friendly, maybe suggest you'd like them to meet him, too, for maybe coffee or a brunch sometime in the future.

You can introduce him after a Service/Mass, once he's back in town.

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

so this is the dilemma. i've posted before, we have moved to a new part of the country, and don't know anyone.  we have been looking for a new church, and found one we like pretty well. (we have been there 4 times)

i am putting myself out there, for a ladies ornament exchange tomorrow evening. i need to start making some acquaintances. (evening, ladies only, finger food, i believe)

so the following Wednesday, they are having their Christmas dinner (catered). 

i just realized that hubby will be out of town. !!!!!!  do i go alone, or just stay home?  I haven't signed up for it yet, so that won't matter, but (really small town here) will it seem odd if i show up without hubby?  yikes. thoughts?

@kittyloo   Go and sign up to help out; put yourself out there as part of this church group. 

You do not have to sit alone and I guarantee some will offer a seat to you at their table.

If you show interest in this church and its members, they will return in kind.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

What a perfect opportunity to meet even more people.  You may even meet some gentlemen that your husband may have things in common.  That would help break the ice next time there is a gathering or you are both at church.  Have fun!