Honored Contributor

Interestng old photograph of John Lennon.  From Lost in History

On a train to to New York 1964

Esteemed Contributor

Lennon & McCartney, IMO the greatest songwriting team ever!! The stuff they write today doesn’t even come close!!

Honored Contributor

Love,

https://opherworld.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/john-lennon-2-by-hoffman144566.jpg

Super Contributor

If only he would not have met Yoko ... I believe he would still be with us.

Honored Contributor

@MarcyG72maybe but he loved her so he was happy and living life the way he chose.

Respected Contributor

@MarcyG72 wrote:

If only he would not have met Yoko ... I believe he would still be with us.

I never understood why some people blame Yoko Ono for the way his life turned out (???) 

Honored Contributor

I was always a big fan of John Lennon until he took the deep dive into drugs and Yoko.....

Respected Contributor

U sound like my mother - old!

Trusted Contributor

@Diva on The Q  No snark intended here, just an opinion.. But have you ever listed to or watched film of yokos music with John. Totally absurd. Just a bunch of screaming into the microphone with equally stupid lyrics. Really was like nails on a chalkboard. Try to add that into the mixture of the great talents of the FAB 4. While I am sure she is not totally to blame, she did have a big part in the  breakup of the band. Those guys were just so talented especially lyrically.

Rest in peace John and George. 

Honored Contributor

While Yoko had  something to do with the band break up, they all agree...it was bound to happen. It just happened sooner.  Being the most popular people of all time, at the time...I think they were all tired. They each were so talented.   It was a never ending life asking them to give  better , give more..and do it now!!!! .it never ended.   John really loved Yoko, and I lthink she wanted him to be his best.  Yes, they were  absurdist s when they met, and her music is little to be desired., but that was the world then.  Everyone was a little crazy, and experimenting...or most anyway.  They were strange times, IMO.  She took a lot from him, drug use, alcoholism, betrayal as well.  I don't for a minute think it was all ,her.  She has done well to honor his legacy and raise their son.  It was what it was. 

I think each Beatle, George, Paul and Ringo reached their own personal success and satisfaction by themselves.  Most often members of a broken band never reach success on their own.  Their success was collective.  But the Beatles just brought together 4  guys, each individually talented by themselves all Together for a a brief time.  As a Beatle, or a single person their music will last forever.