Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Yes, indeed, I do wear them that way.  Perhaps it works OK because the layers of the mask are 100% cotton.  I have asthma and no problem breathing with it and coffee filter.

I also have real N-95 masks which I had in stock > Pandemic.

I wear one or the other depending on where I’m going.

When I go to hospital for 6 week blood draw I wear N-95 with their surgical mask over it.  Everyone is satisfied.

@Drythe 

Interesting. My masks are 2-layer 100% cotton with a pocket inside. Maybe it's the brand of coffee filter which makes a difference...? I wore a KN95 when I went to get my scans done at the hospital. But other than that I wear the 2-layer cotton. I also have a 6-layer washable mask with the filter built in. The fit of it is amazing. I plan on wearing that when I run low on my KN95s.

Honored Contributor

Re: old navy masks

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee 

I have a some of the original / old N95 masks which I had pre pandemic due to animal volunteer work I do.  They do have two bands which go around your head, not around your ears.

I don't know anything about the KN95 masks.

I’m going to look for the type of coffee filter I’m cutting up to use.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Where do you buy the KN95 masks?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Where do you buy the KN95 masks?

@goldensrbest 

I buy the Powecom brand. The brand is established and has been around. They are sold on amazon and other places like ebay. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  ,Those fit around the head, do you wear glasses by chance? They might  help with my mask slipping problem.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SilleeMee  ,Those fit around the head, do you wear glasses by chance? They might  help with my mask slipping problem.

@goldensrbest 

The Powecom KN95 masks I got have the ear loops. I didn't know they made the head elastics, too.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest 

The Powecom KN95 masks I got have the ear loops. I didn't know they made the head elastics, too.

I did not see those.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

Powecom KN95 masks item number  B08NT9YKXP . You get 10 masks.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@goldensrbest 

Powecom KN95 masks item number  B08NT9YKXP . You get 10 masks.

I am going to try the headband style ,never had that  type,hoping it will help with my slipping problem, will let you know.

Honored Contributor
DD gave me a couple of Old Navy masks for Christmas. They are good but no better than some others I have. My faves are some that a few neighbors made early in the lockdown.