Frequent Contributor

Re: oh my gosh, I am SO sick

Why in the world would you go to urgent care instead of staying home and give it time.That is the problem with healthcare today,people jump to go to urgent care and the ER so quickly instead of just give it time more than likely they will tell you the same thing and before you all slam me I have worked in the medical field for over 30 years

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@gidgetgh  I am glad you went in....and that the doctor seemed to figure out what is truly going on.  Never heard of Magic Mouthwash....so I googled it.  Sounds like that would really help with a painful sore throat...wonder why in my entire life seeing doctors they never prescribed it!  I will remember that name for future referenceWoman Happy  Hope you feel better soon!

I just came back from seeing my Internist....I was glad they could fit me in at 10:30....for a month now my throat has felt swelled up...kinda painful...but I suspect it's my thyroid disease/med's not working....and possibly a flare up of EBV which I had it re-activate a few yrs ago and that throat pain was off the charts.  I don't have flu or cold....told them that on phone before going in...but fatigue and general aching all over.  

Now to wait for labs to come back.

@tsavorite - I've had active EBV for years, since 1993. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

butterflies hope you feel better soon

Sorry to hear you are under the weather.  I agree with covering your head when you're chilled.  It works !

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh  I hope you feel better soon!!💐

Respected Contributor

@sherylsiu wrote:

Why in the world would you go to urgent care instead of staying home and give it time.That is the problem with healthcare today,people jump to go to urgent care and the ER so quickly instead of just give it time more than likely they will tell you the same thing and before you all slam me I have worked in the medical field for over 30 years

Wow....hope I don't ever come in contact with any "medical field" you are involved in.  The medical doctor who examined her obviously thought it WAS proper for her to come in, and prescribed treatment.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh   I'm sorry you're under the weather!.  Hope you get well soon.

From Seinfeld:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK6NM2_Fjas 

Frequent Contributor

I’m sure he did $$ you probably would be very surprised if you knew what my profession is.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh  Could I ask you some questions about active EBV?  In 2017 is when I didn't know mine had re-activated...my throat hurt so bad (only other time in my life it hurt like that and swelled up so much that I couldn't speak it was that painful was back long ago age 15) then it was dx as mono....very sick with spleen involvement and out of school long time and so on.

I thought it can re-active again at anytime like it did in 2017...but I thought it was supposed to go into a "dormant" state and not be giving you symptoms.

I haven't had it checked again until today...thinking it was back possibly and make me sick again.

So are you checked yearly for it as active? do you have constant symptoms?  have you ever been given any treatment (anti-virals) and how do you manage it?  

I think this stuff is causing what one doctor told me I have "chronic fatigue" ....and I have never been given a anti-viral.

I know on my labs it shows certain antibodies elevated (2017) that show it is a virus I had before and it is in full blown activation (levels above 600) ....took me a yr to start to feel better.

This stuff has been a nightmare for me....sorry I got carried away...anything you care to share is much appreciated.

Honored Contributor

@sherylsiu wrote:

I’m sure he did $$ you probably would be very surprised if you knew what my profession is.

@sherylsiu.  You're  a mortuary worker scheming for business?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

All those urgent care places over prescribe. Most leave with a script for antibiotics; the reason we now have resistant bacteria. How can one have an upper respiratory infection without lung congestion?