Honored Contributor

oh my gosh, I am SO sick

[ Edited ]

Off to urgent care I go in the morning.  As soon as they open.  8:00 AM.  I don't want to wait around for my doctor's office to open and then start all the when is the next appt. stuff.  Plus, it's just the doctor and his nurse/receptionist.  Sometimes they don't answer the phone and you have to leave a message.

I woke up at 3:00 AM Monday morning with a sore throat and some slight stuffiness, nothing too major though but that came out of the blue.  I'd been fine Sunday night.

I stayed in Monday and had major chills.  Piled with blankets.  Using Airborne which always works for me and Nasonex which always does a good job for me with congestion.  

Yesterday I felt much better.  Not good, but huge improvement.  Just had some slight tooth and facial discomfort, like sinus type pain, so I took some aspirin and it went away.

And then, at 8:00 last night, the chills started again and the throat pain. And I lost about 90% of my voice.   I got in bed and was so cold that I was shaking and  I just couldn't warm up and I couldn't sleep.  So I got up at 10:00, added a pair of leggings to my nightgown, a pair of thick slipper socks and an oversized cardigan sweater.  That finally worked after about an hour.

It's 2:00 AM and I'm wide awake.  I finally just got up.  Chills are gone.  Temp is only 100.0, but my poor throat.  I haven't tried talking so I don't know how my voice is doing.

It could be the flu, but I'm not really achy.  I had the flu shot in September.

I didn't post this in Wellness because I'm not looking for medical advice.  It's just a lonnnnnnnggggg night when you can't sleep so I decided to post about my woes, LOL. It's something all the time.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: oh my gosh, I am SO sick

Oh my, I sure hope you are over this soon. Rest as much as you can even if you can’t sleep. Take care.

Honored Contributor

doctor emoticonsick in bed emoticonsick fever emoticon

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

9e98b1158e39f1586e8ec8aa9ea83de6.jpg

Hope you feel better! Good plan going to Urgent Care instead of waiting.  I do that too!  I had almost the same symptoms a week ago, mine was a bad  sinus infection&up too with with aches.  Hang in there until 8am!

Honored Contributor

I just took my thyroid pill and after I drank the water with the pill, I got cold again.  Here we go again with the chills.

I didn't even turn our heat down last night like I normally do.  I was too cold.  The furnaces are running like a blast furnace, LOL, but I'm still cold.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so sorry you are going through whatever it is that has you feeling so bad.  I am hoping that after your visit to Urgent Care you will be on your way to feeling good again.  Let us know.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

@gidgetgh 

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well! I hope it passes fast and you get well soon!

(your post reminded me I forgot to restock my Emergenc-C supply, and cold and flu season is upon us) 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

It might be strep throat @gidgetgh ..I am glad you are seeking medical help. It is nothing to play around with

Valued Contributor

Sounds awful. Hope you'll be feeling much better real soon.

Respected Contributor

so sorry to hear that you are feeling so sick @gidgetgh .   sending along healing thoughts and prayers ... and hope you will check in with us after your visit to urgent care.  please take care.