Respected Contributor

Re: oh my gosh Barbara Bush has left us

@MoJoV wrote:

I remember so many pictures of her with dogs always near.  My kind of Lady. She seemed very gracious and down to earth..a life well lived. 

Yes, she even had a way with dogs.

One photographer once said this was his favorite photo of

her: "working out" with her dogs. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I’ll always think of Barbara Bush as a strong woman who didn’t suffer fools gladly. She spoke her mind with intelligence and assurance. She was obviously a very caring wife, mother, and grandmother. She said that she had a wonderful life, yet she suffered the worst event a parent can endure, the loss of child. It is said that when her young daughter died of leukemia, Mrs. Bush’s hair turned white. She never colored it from that time on. I am not a Republican but Barabara Bush was an American we can all admire.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@sidsmom  mistakes happen!  let's not forget that CBS ran her obituary right after the announcement she was in failing health.

I guess I have higher standards for an announcement of this magnitude.

(sigh)

Hopefully there will be a proclamation issued tomorrow to lower flags

until sunset of interment.  

as of right now, the flag is being flown at half staff at the white house. there are live videos up of it at this time.

As a mark of respect for the memory of Barbara Bush, I hereby order, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, on the day of interment. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same period at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.

@sidsmom  Do you think you could let up for just once during this very sad time?

Are you deliberately looking for anything to knock down another person while the rest of the country and the world is honoring a great lady?

You are appearing petty with these issues.

Edited to remove prev deleted post.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3

I guess I honor the respect for a First Lady more than most.

And as Americans, we use our national symbol as

a visual sign of natonal sympathy.

It’s not law if they’re not lowered & private residents/businesses

are not required to lower per the proclamation, but it’s just a

glaring sign of petty disrespect.

Respected Contributor

NYSE just had a moment of silence in Mrs. Bush's honor and memory.

Honored Contributor

One of the things I always admired most about her was how comfortable she was with her appearance and with getting older.  She was self deprecating and often made jokes about herself and her appearance.  Although she was lovely and remarkably put together always.  

Now that's the way I want to be!  I just think she always looked her best, but didn't seem to fret about her appearance.  She was smart, confident, knew who she was, and was cofortable with it; presenting herself to the world as that kind of person. 

Honored Contributor

So this morning I had a difficult time crying so much for the loss of one of our First Ladies.  I think it stems not just from the loss but for what has been forgotten for a long time.

A few pages from the book of life of Barbara Bush:

It's ok to leave your gray hair alone.

Losing a child isn't an isolated event; as she and George still could find joy during such a difficult time.

It's ok to dress as you feel comfortable; it's ok not to step out in the latest designer fashions and still look classy.  Never mind the fashion police; they matter not.

It's ok to stand next to your husband and support his careers; after all, he is worth it especially when he stands next to you and supports your choices.

It's ok to have a voice; it's worthy of praise when you can use that voice to inspire, to encourage, to love, to be an example that many can only hope to be.

It's ok to have your sahm career; it's ok to have that be your priority because you are raising the future instead of raising your own esteem in the outside world,  Your children will be the ones to carry that forward from the lessons you taught at home.

It's ok to bake cookies; it's ok to enjoy the simple things in life regardless of others might think; they matter not.

It's ok to be a woman who knows what place is best for her; without having to live up to anyone else's expectations.  There is only one you; everyone else is take (Wilde).

It's ok to put you family first; it's ok to be a person of faith; it's ok to be Barbara because you are just that-Barbara.

Sometimes being a wife, mother, grandmother is enough; Barbara knew that and because she had that focus she could do other things such as her literacy program without sacrficing that priority.

What an exceptional woman.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

What a wonderful life she had,she was the epiphany of strength and courage,a kind soul who touched the lives of many, may she rest in peace,,prayers for the Bush family..

Honored Contributor

The last book I read by President Bush he said the below photo was the one he carried with him through WWII.  She was wonderful woman.

Image result for barbara bush on the beach 1940's

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."