Honored Contributor

november 1st....catalog season has arrived!

today is november 1st!

it is officially catalog season and today we began the season with 18 catalogs being delivered! i am sure i will have a higher daily count than that as we get closer to december. i do enjoy purchasing and looking through them though.

anyone else being inundated with catalogs this time of the year?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Re: november 1st....catalog season has arrived!

LOL - yes.  All the ones where I've requested to have catalogs discontinued seem to start sending them again. 

Regular Contributor

who sends out catalogs? I would love to know if those are all fashion catalogs? As I love looking through them and trying new stuff. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Omg!  You are so right, the mail carrier knocked on my door a few minutes ago.  I thought he had mail for the next door people too...lol  But it was 12 catalogs for me!  Those companies must instruct the post office to hold and deliver on 11/1.  He knocked on my door because there were too many to fit in my mailbox.  Way to many.  Having said that.  I cannot wait to finish working at 4pm and dive into them!  I have loved catalogs since I was a little girl.  

Honored Contributor

I used to receive an avalanche of catalogs but have actively worked to keep the number down.

Honored Contributor

I get a ton catalogs almost every Wednesday.  My trash is picked up on Wednesday morning, and by Wednesday afternoon,  my recycle bin is almost full of catalogs again.

I even get two of the same one sometimes. Unless, I need something, I don't even look. I just toss them on my way in.  I don't need the clutter or the temptation of buying someting I might want, but don't need.

Honored Contributor

I only look through the catalogs if there's something I need to order.  Most of the time they go straight into my recycle bin.  So wasteful.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45, LOL, I started getting them before Nov.!

Honored Contributor

I get a lot too, but I do enjoy looking through them when I have time, which is usually on my Lunch Hour........Then the ones I am not interested in ,I can leave here at work for others......

Honored Contributor

@sue311 wrote:

who sends out catalogs? I would love to know if those are all fashion catalogs? As I love looking through them and trying new stuff. Thanks.

@sue311

fashion, home, holiday, food, pets..... these are the ones that came today:

midnight velvet ((fashion)

in the company of dogs (pets)

soft surroundings (fashion)

spanx (fashion)

the fresh market (food)

meduri (food)

pittman and davis (food)

bed, bath, beyond (home)

orvis (fashion)

ross-simons (jewelry)

eddie bauer (fashion)

sams club (home/food)

hale groves (food)

jjill (fashion)

monroe and main (fashion)

signals (fashion and home)

travelsmith (fashion and travel)

yankee candle (home)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein