Honored Contributor

Re: news channels really going overboard on this Eclipse

My favorite part is watching kids getting so excited and involved in this.  It's nice to see them looking up at the sky and not down at some electronic device . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

One of my favorite movies has been A Night In King Arthur's Court.  There are several variations where someone goes back in time and threatens to blot out the sun if evil is done.

Anyone else remember that?

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

CNN has some really good science shorts.

A million earths can fit inside the sun (local news).  

🌞

🌚

@Noel7 thanks for the heads up on CNN's coverage as it is terrific!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I think it's amazing and worthy of hype. Sure beats the alternatives. I can't watch it which makes me very sad, because I couldn't get any glasses. But I'm going outside to look down at the shadow patterns on the ground near trees. I read that there can be some cool ones.

@Greeneyedlady21, yes, do go look at the shadows. We had an annular eclipse here in '94, and what I remember most is how spectacular the shadows were.....eclipses all over the ground. You do need to be near a tree, where there is normally a mix of sunshine and shadows of leaves. The light quality will change, the birds will act dfferently...it's a very cool experience.

Honored Contributor

I'm experiencing darkness similar to when we had many forest fires here, obscuring the sun making it dark during the day. Looks just like that.

Honored Contributor

We are totally overcast here, Karl The Fog is protecting us.  My daughter is at an outdoor eclipse party and sending us magnificent photos.  

Honored Contributor

This is incredible

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

You don't want the 24/7 news cycle interrupted for a couple of hours for a once in a lifetime event?

Weird.

The picutres on T.V. of the totality are beautiful.

Honored Contributor

My furbaby is acting like...wtf??Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

My house noticeably darkened here in SeaMaiden territory.  It's as if I was wearing sunglasses in the house 😎😎😎

It is a nice break to see people excited over something non-celeb and non-political for a day.