Honored Contributor

new stamp available for pre-order

4:15 AM and posting about stamps, LOL.  Can't sleep.

Anyway, this stamp is being released on 5/13, but is available for online pre-order now.  American Gardens

8F3A09A7-CC4C-41CE-BC7D-DF643B2EE74D.png

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: new stamp available for pre-order

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh   I’ll be getting some of these.  Old school,still send lots of cards/notes, especially to older friends that don’t use computers.  Love these!  Thanks for sharing so many stamps.  Enjoy. Not sure why I’m up already either  🤨

Esteemed Contributor

So pretty. I love to get decorative stamps for my personal correspondence. 

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh  These are so pretty.  I never bought stamps online do I just go into the USPS web page and there will be a link to direct me?

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Winkk wrote:

@gidgetgh  These are so pretty.  I never bought stamps online do I just go into the USPS web page and there will be a link to direct me?

Thanks.

@Winkk - yes.  Just go to usps  dot com and in the upper right there will be a selelction for Postal store.  Click on that and then in the drop down you can select stamps.  Once you get to stamps, they have it broken down by Forever stamp and all the different denominations of stamps.

Shipping is $1.25 I think, but I always buy my stamps online now.  And I especially would/will during this pandemic.  Beats standing in line at the post office, wearing a mask.

After I replied to you, I went ahead and ordered some for me.  They'll ask you to create and account..... I think.  I did.  No big deal.  Just username and password, just like everywhere else.  I do NOT leave my credit card info on file.  I just put that in every time I place a new order.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Famed Gardens is a nice theme for a postage stamp set.  I've been to only one of them - Winterthur, which is in Delaware.

Honored Contributor

They're beautiful!  I just ordered the orchid stamps a few weeks ago.  I will probably order these, too, although I rarely use stamps.

@gidgetgh 

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Winkk wrote:

Thanks.

@Winkk - yes.  Just go to usps  dot com and in the upper right there will be a selelction for Postal store.  Click on that and then in the drop down you can select stamps.  Once you get to stamps, they have it broken down by Forever stamp and all the different denominations of stamps.

Shipping is $1.25 I think, but I always buy my stamps online now.  And I especially would/will during this pandemic.  Beats standing in line at the post office, wearing a mask.

After I replied to you, I went ahead and ordered some for me.  They'll ask you to create and account..... I think.  I did.  No big deal.  Just username and password, just like everywhere else.  I do NOT leave my credit card info on file.  I just put that in every time I place a new order.

@gidgetgh   When you've ordered your stamps before,  do you receive them in good condition, unwrinkled, envelope undamaged, etc.  That's the only thing keeping me from ordering them online.. I don't know if they will ship in a substantial envelope or how they will be shipped...  Thanks for your insight...  Katie

Esteemed Contributor

@KatieB 

Hope @gidgetgh  doesn't mind if I respond to you about the condition of ordered stamps.

I've ordered on line many times, and the stamps arrive in pristine condition.  They are normally packaged with cardboard, so that keeps them perfect.

I love these new stamps and got my USPS stamps catalog yesterday.  Will be ordering them very soon!

Over the years, I've built up quite a nice collection of pretty stamps.

Be sure to check out the Dragon stamps...those are one of my favorites!  So colorful and unique!