Honored Contributor

Re: new service.....QVC EASY RETURNS?

@homedecor1 wrote:

@chickenbutt 

have you sent a USPS or any other service lately?

Today, I mailed a 10"x7"x3" box weighing 3.4 oz.  

Cost first class mail $17.96

priority mail $13.27

UPS (from store) $25.88

The darn postage was a little less than what the items were🙄😳

Heres a interesting fact: USPS flat rate boxes are lowering price for under 70 lbs to $13.75 according to postal clerk on 1/16.  Interesting as the holiday shipping is over, if this information is correct.

QVC gets shipping fees both ways & I'm convinced they make millions on returns & keep your $$$ longer to stay operating.  I don't send stuff back to costly once I factor in the price of the item.  Somebody can use it I donate or I just stopped buying from Q.

Wow, yeah, I could be off-base at this point.  I actually haven't shipped anything lately so I was going off of how it was when I was last shipping things from time to time. 

It used to be way cheaper to ship it back yourself, plus it got processed much more quickly, than to use their label and lose your original shipping plus the additional charge.

Those costs are insane.

Super Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I just returned an item to Amazon.  UPS came to pick it up and once they scanned it, I was issued an immediate refund.

Why can't QVC do that?  That's easy.

@Isobel Archer  I brought an item from Amazon into a Kohl's (my choice) for return and got refunded right away.  Amazon gave me 2 weeks to bring in the item at my convenience but I brought it in the next day.  Three weeks later, I received an email informing me that they were going to charge me again bc they said I didn't return the item!  Thankfully, I had my receipt from Kohl's & called Amazon.  It was straightened out.

Mistakes happen, even with Amazon.  IMO, Q's Easy Returns has never failed me.  I email them, receive an email later the same day & get refunded the next.  As far as shipping costs, I always try to send 2 items per package.  Beats standing in line at the post office (for me).

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I just returned an item to Amazon.  UPS came to pick it up and once they scanned it, I was issued an immediate refund.

QVC 21000 employees......AMAZON 1.3 million employees......Walmart 2.2 million employees.

no where else i know of other than AMAZON offers instant refunds by just getting your package scanned to be returned. yes, it is convenient, but not quite sure how feasible it is for smaller companies.

The UPS driver/scanner doesn't work for Amazon.  I assume the scan connects to a computer program which then processes the refund.  I'm not seeing how extra employees are required.  

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

QVC 21000 employees......AMAZON 1.3 million employees......Walmart 2.2 million employees.

no where else i know of other than AMAZON offers instant refunds by just getting your package scanned to be returned. yes, it is convenient, but not quite sure how feasible it is for smaller companies.

The UPS driver/scanner doesn't work for Amazon.  I assume the scan connects to a computer program which then processes the refund.  I'm not seeing how extra employees are required.  

@Isobel Archer 

but my main question is is who else uses his type of refund service? do you think it is only amazon and maybe they have a deal with ups? maybe there is some type of monetary compensation to ups for this serviice that other companies cannot use or afford?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@chickenbutt 

have you sent a USPS or any other service lately?

Today, I mailed a 10"x7"x3" box weighing 3.4 oz.  

Cost first class mail $17.96

priority mail $13.27

UPS (from store) $25.88

The darn postage was a little less than what the items were🙄😳

Heres a interesting fact: USPS flat rate boxes are lowering price for under 70 lbs to $13.75 according to postal clerk on 1/16.  Interesting as the holiday shipping is over, if this information is correct.

QVC gets shipping fees both ways & I'm convinced they make millions on returns & keep your $$$ longer to stay operating.  I don't send stuff back to costly once I factor in the price of the item.  Somebody can use it I donate or I just stopped buying from Q.

@homedecor1 

i think your postal clerk was wrong.....

medium flat rate top loadingmedium flat rate side loadinglarge flat rate

small flat rate

$9.45 at Post Office & Online

$16.10 at Post Office & Online

$16.10 at Post Office & Online

$21.50 at Post Office & Online

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

well she weighed it if I recall and told me rates would go down...not🤔☹️obviously...

I mailed 2 small childrens paperback books for Valentine gifts today and it was almost $10!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@sunshine45 

well she weighed it if I recall and told me rates would go down...not🤔☹️obviously...

I mailed 2 small childrens paperback books for Valentine gifts today and it was almost $10!

@homedecor1 

if you want to save a little money you can mail books at a book rate, but i dont know how much cheaper it is and if that comes with tracking or not. nice valentines gift though! Smiley Happy

i think that the  qvc label fee for returning items is almost always a better deal than paying out of your own pocket.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I return to neiman marcus, Bloomingdale's, amazon  and many other businesses I do get refund in a day.  I make sure the pkg is scanned right away at the shipping place of choice.  The scan goes into business system, and I get email it is on its way.  They start refund right away.  I imagine if they dont receive correct item, or there is other problem you will hear from them.  Neiman marcus refunds when you get refund label on their site, then gives 30 days to receive item.  So even if it takes me a few days to get to mail pkg, the refund  is processing.  In fact I just returned damaged item to Madewell yesterday and refund was issued this morning  so, it is being done, it can be done....just not with QVC.   However, seems they are trying to set it up this way   The problem I see is them getting and processing te email.  They hardly answer customer service phones anymore with any spped, or at all...how will they process the emails???

Respected Contributor

@tl98466 wrote:

I've been using this new procedure since QVC started it. It's been GREAT! Fast refunds; usually within hours of my email. You just send QVC an email with the info listed and then return your item. Doesn't get much easier than that!

Same experience as @tl98466 . I had my refund within hours of sending the email. Got the refund last Friday and then mailed the package on Saturday. It is still on its way to QVC according to the tracking, so it was nice to get my refund early.

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

When I return to neiman marcus, Bloomingdale's, amazon  and many other businesses I do get refund in a day.  I make sure the pkg is scanned right away at the shipping place of choice.  The scan goes into business system, and I get email it is on its way.  They start refund right away.  I imagine if they dont receive correct item, or there is other problem you will hear from them.  Neiman marcus refunds when you get refund label on their site, then gives 30 days to receive item.  So even if it takes me a few days to get to mail pkg, the refund  is processing.  In fact I just returned damaged item to Madewell yesterday and refund was issued this morning  so, it is being done, it can be done....just not with QVC.   However, seems they are trying to set it up this way   The problem I see is them getting and processing te email.  They hardly answer customer service phones anymore with any spped, or at all...how will they process the emails???

i have never had neiman marcus refund in a day, but i do get a refund within about a week. i returned a defective item last friday using their shipping label and taking it to a fedex dropoff location. today i got an email saying that they were crediting my account.