Trusted Contributor

Re: new chobani (yogurt) commercial

@birkin baby wrote:

So nothing will be" shoved some down throats" or offend a viewer because of whatever reasons, Chobani should film this exact commercial with a two men,a man and woman,and the two women.  Would that be better?   I guess the gist of this ad is that sex makes you hungry so eat Chobani yogurt in (a very sexy way)in bed. Then wake up partner with a foot tickle.  Hmmm?  I need to change from Costco brand to Chobani.

No actually that wouldn't be an improvement to me.  They can keep the same two women, or make one with two men and another with a man and woman, but lose the bedroom, the nakedness and the foot rub.  Put whatever couple they want in a kitchen, living room, family room or backyard.  I like the diversity of people.  I don't like the over emphasis on sex in almost any and everything.

p.s. I loved the Cheerios commercial that I think started the whole thing.  Now I don't remember if it was 2 men or maybe a mixed race couple?  I remember the darling child waking up someone sleeping on the couch.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Esteemed Contributor

After today's news and current events, it's looking like America might be more inclusive and really embody the words of Jefferson and the idea of America, "We the people..." All of us.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

MrsSweetieBear, I do agree with you about the  content of the commercial being too much for a commercial.I  think it would be too much for many with any combo of actors.  I don't have issues with same sex couples anywhere.But the actual implication of  after sex,naked, eating yogurt like that....it is definitely new territory even if they couple was a man and woman.  I love that commercial from expedia,I think, that has the two guys and their newly adopted baby!  

Super Contributor

THey will do what sells. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's great that different kinds of families are featured in commercials. These ads reflect the reality of our diverse country.