Trusted Contributor

Re: new chobani (yogurt) commercial

Terrier, all kinds of loving families sounds good in theory, but they're starting to dismIss a traditional family. I have yet to see a study that says it's not the optimal way to raise kids.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Esteemed Contributor

I watched the commercial but couldn't figure out the correlation between her coyness in eating a cup of yogurt in bed.  I wasn't bothered about the same sex couple as much as the illusion of bedroom activity  What, you can't sell yogurt with two women; two men, woman/man sitting at the kitchen table?

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Yes there is room for all.  But it seems that more and more, the minority lifestyles and choices that the relatively few make are the norm, and then shoved down our throats by the TV shows, commercials, soap opera, etc.  I am sure they figure that the more stuff like that is aired, the more people will accept it.  It does not necessarily make it right.

"Shoved down your throat?"

No one is asking YOU to change the way you live - it's just acknowledging that not everyone has the same family structure....I LIKE the emphasis on STABLE, loving families - vs. "junk shows" like some comedies on air now that feature bed hoppers for laughs.

Honored Contributor

@blahblahvampemerblah wrote:
Terrier, all kinds of loving families sounds good in theory, but they're starting to dismIss a traditional family. I have yet to see a study that says it's not the optimal way to raise kids.

May I ask, once again - Who, exactly are "they"???

Honored Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

I am glad these companies are showing their agenda. It makes it clear which products we, the consumer, will buy and won't buy.  It helps me choose how I want to spend my money and whcih companies I will supoort.  I am all for it!!!

Businesses don't make advertising decisions without analyzing how it will affect their bottom line.

You appear to now be in the minority.

The Times They are a'Changin'...

Esteemed Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

I am glad these companies are showing their agenda. It makes it clear which products we, the consumer, will buy and won't buy.  It helps me choose how I want to spend my money and whcih companies I will supoort.  I am all for it!!!

For all we know, the lady who has fallen and can't get up may have been  trying to call her gay partner. ; )

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Yes there is room for all.  But it seems that more and more, the minority lifestyles and choices that the realatively few make are the norm, and then shoved down our throats by the TV shows, commercials, soap opera, etc.  I am sure they figure that the more stuff like that is aired, the more people will accept it.  It does not necessarity make it right.

I understand what you are saying. Every time we turn on the TV we see so much of the non-traditional lifestyles.  I feel like everyone is gay or transgender anymore. It seems as though the rest of us are in the minority.

Valued Contributor

I think the man playing the guitar on the beach, singing "i love this life" was between those two, hours before.  Weird commercial to sell yogurt, imo.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Esteemed Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Yes there is room for all.  But it seems that more and more, the minority lifestyles and choices that the realatively few make are the norm, and then shoved down our throats by the TV shows, commercials, soap opera, etc.  I am sure they figure that the more stuff like that is aired, the more people will accept it.  It does not necessarity make it right.

I understand what you are saying. Every time we turn on the TV we see so much of the non-traditional lifestyles.  I feel like everyone is gay or transgender anymore. It seems as though the rest of us are in the minority.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sleep easy then because you're not in the minority. You're just part of the human race.

Honored Contributor

Yes indeed, Times are changing.  Acceptance and respect and open mindedness are the order of the day.  There is nothing new about same sax couples, that's a part of human nature that has always been with us.  Along with biases and prejudice and exclusion.  Well, that's all slipping away now.  We're accepting people for who they are.  Accepting our differences and respecting lifestyles that might be different from own.  It's a good thing.  I do understand that it's difficult for some people.  I think it's important to remember that accepting differences and letting people be who they are takes nothing away from anyone.