Super Contributor

Re: new chobani (yogurt) commercial

I just watched it. I love it, however, I think more clothes should have been involved for something airing on tv.

Super Contributor

I just saw this commercial recently also, and must admit, I'd did a double take. I guess I have no issue with it except I'm not sure why it had to be a same sex couple in the bedroom......more controversial possibly?
Respected Contributor

Puppylips, your post doesn't make sense.  First you say there is room for all, then you complain when room is made.  

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

I really love the commercial from Tylenol showing all different family units. It's high time that everyone is portrayed. The faces of the two dads looking at their newborn was just so poignant and beautiful. There is room on this planet for everyone who loves another.... No judgment. And it will be a far better world for my grandson to grow up in....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

Puppylips, your post doesn't make sense.  First you say there is room for all, then you complain when room is made.  

Well it makes sense to me.  What I am saying is that others can live the life they want.  I don't care what they do because they are not harming me or my family.  I may not like it or agree with it and that is my right.  Seeing it over and over on TV, in parades, in the magazines, in the movies, etc. is not going to change that. It seems there is an unusally high percentage of these other lifestyles displayed on TV.  As someone else said, percentages and proportions should be kept in mind.  There are certain things shown on TV that really make me cringe, and it seems to be happening more and more.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

Well it makes sense to me.  What I am saying is that others can live the life they want.  I don't care what they do because they are not harming me or my family.  I may not like it or agree with it and that is my right.  Seeing it over and over on TV, in parades, in the magazines, in the movies, ect. is not going to change that. It seems there is an unusally high percentage of these other lifestyles displayed on TV.  As someone else said, percentages and proportions should be kept in mind.  There are certain things shown on TV that really make me cringe, and it seems to be happening more and more.

I hope they continue to portray families like my grandson's so he can grow up in a world where having two moms is not offensive to ANYONE. The more people are exposed to people who live differently and are not hurting anyone, the more people can become educated that love is love and there are many different ways to show it.

Esteemed Contributor

@SoftRaindrops wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

Well it makes sense to me.  What I am saying is that others can live the life they want.  I don't care what they do because they are not harming me or my family.  I may not like it or agree with it and that is my right.  Seeing it over and over on TV, in parades, in the magazines, in the movies, ect. is not going to change that. It seems there is an unusally high percentage of these other lifestyles displayed on TV.  As someone else said, percentages and proportions should be kept in mind.  There are certain things shown on TV that really make me cringe, and it seems to be happening more and more.

I hope they continue to portray families like my grandson's so he can grow up in a world where having two moms is not offensive to ANYONE. The more people are exposed to people who live differently and are not hurting anyone, the more people can become educated that love is love and there are many different ways to show it.

I am not offended.  I never wrote that I was offended.  But that does not mean that I like it.  Exposing someone repeatedly to something they do not like is not going to make them like it any more.  If your grandson is happy, that is great.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

Speaking of yogurt commercials, there is another playing currently and I think the voice is of Lisa Kudrow, anyone hear it to and agree with me?

Valued Contributor

I am glad these companies are showing their agenda. It makes it clear which products we, the consumer, will buy and won't buy.  It helps me choose how I want to spend my money and whcih companies I will supoort.  I am all for it!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Yes, times are changing, and not for the better.

Amen to that!!  I am so tired of everyone airing their bedroom laundry!!  Enough already, keep your business, your business!!!