Respected Contributor

new chobani (yogurt) commercial

Anyone seen this?  Show same s*x couple in bedroom setting, while one is having a yogurt.  Another new commercial also same s*x couple, it was for a baby product.  I always thought that the advertisers goal was to make sure that "no one" was offended. 

I am not offended by this at all, i just couldn't remember seeing this before.  There is also i think 3 new shows starting this season with transgender themes.  times are a changin'.

Occasional Contributor

Re: new chobani (yogurt) commercial

You know no matter what someone is going to be offened , as the old saying goes you can't please everybody. Advertisers are going after all people  before they were only directing their ads to certain groups of people , whites, blacks , interracial , teens, older generation , now this , they have always been there but now they are openly reaching out to them.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, times are changing, and not for the better.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Some commercials have gone too far, IMO, and I am very open-minded. Consider the statistics and percentages at least. I will, of course, watch what I want and ignore what I don't like. Easy.
Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

I love all of the new commercials showing all different types of families and I hope to see more in the future! Yes some will be offended but hopefully more will be happy. There is room for ALL!

Respected Contributor

I'm OK with the commercials.    

I hope  more acceptance and tolerance for some  will lead to more  for all .

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Esteemed Contributor

Yes there is room for all.  But it seems that more and more, the minority lifestyles and choices that the realatively few make are the norm, and then shoved down our throats by the TV shows, commercials, soap opera, etc.  I am sure they figure that the more stuff like that is aired, the more people will accept it.  It does not necessarity make it right.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

The Cheerios commercials with the biracial couple really opened up the floodgates to showing all kinds of loving families.

Good for the advertisers! It's about time.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I noticed within the past two years that advertisers were featuring interracial male/female couples in ads.  Probably one of the cutest on now is for  PetSmart (or Petco).  Really sweet.  It seemed like this didn't occur before.  I LOVE the one with the two Moms adopting the little deaf girl.  I think these ads are all beautiful.  I like the diversity.

Trusted Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Yes there is room for all.  But it seems that more and more, the minority lifestyles and choices that the realatively few make are the norm, and then shoved down our throats by the TV shows, commercials, soap opera, etc.  I am sure they figure that the more stuff like that is aired, the more people will accept it.  It does not necessarity make it right.

I do not see how anything is being shoved down anyone's throat.  We are discussing a handful of commercials (in this case, two) out of the thousands of commercials which air on a daily basis.  Complaining that these are taking over seems silly.

In regards to the commercials, the only thing I have an issue with is eating yogurt in bed.  Who does that?