Esteemed Contributor

new UK TV pilot--Dancing with Horses šŸŽ

[ Edited ]

Fox has shot a pilot starring Sarah Ferguson (Prince Andrew's ex) as a judge.  Former ITV Commissioner Claudia Rosencrantz who worked on the Got Talent and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? franchises said, "Itā€™s been eight years in my head trying to get those horses dancing. Itā€™s literally the most beautiful thing Iā€™ve ever seen. Itā€™s like Dancing with the Stars but your partner is a horse and it is an absolutely, exquisite, complicated, wonderful show."  She hopes it will be made in the U.S. soon.  The pilot was shot in the UK using highly trained horses from Britain and France.  Ferguson has had a passion for horses and riding for many years.  

Is this something you'd be interested in watching? 

I love horses, so I might check it out if it comes to the U.S., but I'm not a fan of Fergie.  

ETA:  The quote and other details came from an article at Deadline.

Respected Contributor

Re: new UK TV pilot--Dancing with Horses šŸŽ

I used to breed and ride horses in U.K. and many years back there were a few trainers introducing ā€˜dancing with your horseā€™ and put on quite a few demonstrations - it did not catch on too much as your everyday horse probably would not be into it!  Dressage/jumping  is as far as I got.

This is quite interesting but , unfortunately, cannot abide Fergie so l probably would not watch but I have seen this type of performance before.  Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

I've seen what is called 'dancing' horses.  It is cool to see, but I get the feeling that it might be hard on the horses.  Who knows, maybe the horses like doing it.  I hope they get a lot of carrots and apples afterward.    

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter :  You raise an interesting question ( about the effects on horses).  I have seen the Lippizanners several times and they are definitely highly trained athletes.

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan   I might watch a one time program, but every week - no. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dulwich Didn't her dad work in some capacity for the Queen?  Something dealing with horses?

And have you ever watched Western reining horse or cutting horse competitions?

Oddly enough, one time years ago David Yurman was out at the Oklahoma City fairgrounds taking a lesson on reining horses from, get this, Lyle Lovett.   

You just never know do you!  

Respected Contributor

@Sooner  Yes, well remembered you, her Dad was the manager of the Prince of Wales  polo team and they got to know the RF very well during that period.  That was where she got to know Andrew as kids.

When I first came to U.S, I had never seen or experienced Western riding.  I was blown away with quarter horses and how wonderful they are.

Spent time in Montana on girlfriendā€™s 3,300 acre ranch mostly repairing fences but her manager let me ride with him and his cowboys on a cattle drive - we were away for over a week - and it was the best thing I have ever done.  Talk about reining and cutting these guys were the best.

I loved the paint horses which were looked down on in U.K. Riding in those days was/is very ā€˜snobbishā€™.

Excuse the pun love Lyle Lovett can just see him on a horse.

Cannot tell you how great that ride was thank you for bringing back such great memories.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich   Down in the valley below us are miles of horse farms!  I love to see them out there and of course pick out the one I would want when we drive by!  Lots of angus cattle, lots of horses, a couple of llamas, a couple of mules, a few goats, and one donkey!  LOL!!!

I am glad you enjoyed the ride Western style!  That's the only way I every saddled up unless I rode bareback for a quick spin around the town!  

And I can rope too (maybe should have said "could" by now)!  Did they teach you that?  Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I would watch the show if it comes to the U.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKQgTiqhPbw 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the video of the gorgeous Blue Hors Matine.  She is my all-time favorite dressage horse, and I was heartbroken when she had her accident.

I would definitely watch this show.  I have ridden all my life and think I must have horses in my DNA!  I have ridden a little bit of Western but much prefer English as I prefer a much lighter saddle and closer contact with the horse. There is nothing else in the world like it IMO.  Due to age and injury I can only do therapeutic riding now and am grateful to be back in the saddle this way.