Super Contributor

Has anyone ever had neuropathy and knee replacement?. If so, did you have trouble walking correcctly? I have both and seem to have trouble walking correctly all the time.. 

Honored Contributor

Re: neuropathy and knee surgery

When you say neuropathy, what symptoms are you talking about?  

Honored Contributor

@crazered  I have never heard of surgery for neuropathy as it is a nerve condition.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@crazered  I have never heard of surgery for neuropathy as it is a nerve condition.

@mousiegirl   I believe OP means she has neuropathy and also had knee surgery.   Not that she had surgery for the nuropathy.   I myself have neuropathy and bad knees from old age.Woman Wink

Super Contributor

Maybe I did not explain this good

i have had both knees replaced.  neuropathy from strong chemo had breast cancer. I know you can’t do surgery on nearopathy 

my question was. If  anyone has nearophathy and has had knees replaced. Do you have trouble walking. I know people who have neuropathy from diabetes do 

guess I don’t explain things very good.

Esteemed Contributor

@crazered wrote:

Maybe I did not explain this good

i have had both knees replaced.  neuropathy from strong chemo had breast cancer. I know you can’t do surgery on nearopathy 

my question was. If  anyone has nearophathy and has had knees replaced. Do you have trouble walking. I know people who have neuropathy from diabetes do 

guess I don’t explain things very good.

I have a bone on bone knee and lower back issues. This causes me to not walk in a straight line often. I know I should have the knee surgery, but I am balking at the idea of it, and I've already had upper back surgery and am not in a mood to have lower back surgery as well. A friend of mine has neuropathy, and she falls down for no reason at all sometimes. She can be walking down her hallway and all of a sudden be on the floor.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry you're having trouble with that, @crazered.  Hoping you and your doctor can find some kind of long-term solution for your walking.