Honored Contributor

nemacolin resort in pennsylvania

i began watching the bachelor last night and they filmed it at a resort in pennsylvania. the name of it is NEMACOLIN and i have never heard of it before, but it is only about three hours away from the baltimore area. i was checking out their website and there are many things to do and see.

has anyone been to NEMACOLIN RESORT before and what was your experience like? would love to go there sometime.....it would make a great 3 or 4 day trip.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Re: nemacolin resort in pennsylvania

I looked up that resort a few seasons ago (Jo Jos season I think) when they filmed there.  I've always wanted to go because it looks beautiful.  I'm near Baltimore so it's closer than I imagined.  The footage last night was gorgeous with the Fall foliage.  I'll be planning a trip when the pandemic is over.

Contributor

If you can make the trip to Nemacolin, be sure to also tour the Frank Lloyd Wright designed "Falling Water"  which is not too far.  After Covid, naturally!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never been there myself but relatives of mine went there for a wedding anniversary and loved it.  They did just want you want to do.  A 4 day longer weekend.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 @Lipstickdiva @ruby6332 @Glittergal 

DD has been there.

Her first visit was for a business trip.

'Then, she said she loved it so much, that she and her husband went for a weekend getaway!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I never heard of it until a commercial featuring it started playing on our local stations.  I was going to search online but forgot.  

Glad someone posted about it here and solved the mystery. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

At around $600 a night, it's an easy pass for me.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45   I had never heard of it either until recently.  I happened to be watching regular TV over the holidays and saw a few of their commercials.  It looked intriguing and I was curious.....would love to hear more too!

Trusted Contributor

We have been there several times; it's beautiful....only about hour and half from us...Christmas is very beautiful.😀

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

At around $600 a night, it's an easy pass for me.

i was playing around with some dates to see pricing. i found a thursday to a sunday for a little over $400 a night in the "chateau" area. for a resort, that is not too bad. you can easily pay close to that at the delmarva beaches for a nice room in a hotel or more than that at a resort complex.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein