Esteemed Contributor

You need to have, I believe, 3 layers.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I had to google it to see what a neck gaiter is.

No way could I wear that. I can't stand to have anything on my neck like that. Too claustrophobic. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I don't think I could wear them.....too hot.  

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Sounds like they would be really hot as we go into summer (around the neck?!!) plus still fog up glasses.

I had the problem the first time I wore a paper mask of it fogging up my glasses until I was told the correct way to wear one.  On a paper mask there is a thin wire on one end that you pinch to mold to your face around the nose.  Once I did that my glasses no longer fogged up! 

I think  paper mask is going to be the coolest,  most light weight and comfortable to wear.

not sure how they will feel in the heat.

we have really not had any heat yet. it has been between 50 -60 degrees the past week. i really just wanted some options. i am not liking the paper masks or the cloth masks that much.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I bought 2 neck gaiters and hate them.  First, they won't stay up so I have to keep putting them back in place.  I figured they'd stay up with my big head Smiley Happy.  Second, even the wicking ones are hotter than masks since they also cover your neck.  They are going to charity.

I bought reusable 2 & 3 layer cotton masks from Etsy for less than I paid for the gaiters.  I wear glasses and they don't fog them up.  They're also easy to wash and I let them hang dry.   I also have an old bandana I can use if needed.

a bandana may be my next purchase!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

You need to have, I believe, 3 layers.  

@MamaWick 

in our state, you dont have to have 3 layers, your mouth and nose just need to be covered. i have seen people using scarves, paper masks, cloth masks, gaiters, the collars on their coats and sweaters, a turtleneck pulled up.

Honored Contributor

thanks all for your suggestions and comments.

i will probably order one or two.....maybe  one with the holders on the ear and one without. just trying to have some options for the moment.

Contributor

@sunshine45 

That's how I got my husband to mask up.  
I have some printed, wide, cloth headband scarves that I have used. They are actually made like gaters and slip over the head.  

Honored Contributor

I have been wearing a gaiter, but folding it in half before putting it on; it is not super-thick fabric so thought it would be more efficient, and it still covers the mouth and nose well. I have a few homemade others have made for me...way too hot and if I breathe, my glasses fog up! It has not been super hot yet, so time will tell.

Honored Contributor
I pulled out some of my eternity scarves. Some are cotton and I can doubled them, pulled up over my nose and mouth, and put an elastic hairband over the excess to tighten it. Doesn’t look perfect but it’s fine for just running in the store, if I get up the courage to do that again.