Valued Contributor

Way too hot where I live to wear gaiter.  Fabric mask works better for me than paper mask.  Can breathe better but not well and still too hot.  Getting clear shield tomorrow.  Seems like it might be more tolerable in 105 heat index for someone whose face sweats profusely.  Either way, it's my last trip down this rabbit hole.

Honored Contributor

I just ordered some neck gaiters from Amazon.  

I ordered a set of four animal prints and a single in a black and white geometric.  They will double as scarves - so no loss.

If it were a bit more "gutsy" I would have ordered some of them with the scary faces! 

Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Ugh! Way, way too hot for summer!!!! I really don't see any advantage wearing these insead of a small regular mask. Less is more remember.

@ID2: I agree. It's much too hot right now. But, I did place an order for neck gaiters with the idea they will be perfect for cooler weather.  

Honored Contributor

I like the idea!

Just wondering if there are stretchy in all directions fabrics that we can use to sew and make them.

If I can muster up a bit of ambition, I might take a look into our nearby fabric store.  That's if it isn't very crowded, etc.

Anyway, it would be a good trend for sewers to make them for friends, neighbors, or to donate. 

Probably not for medical workers, but just for walking around the neighborhood where there aren't many people walking, gardening, driving, etc., etc. 

Also for using as headbands and the other ways posted in the photo.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I like the idea!

Just wondering if there are stretchy in all directions fabrics that we can use to sew and make them.

If I can muster up a bit of ambition, I might take a look into our nearby fabric store.  That's if it isn't very crowded, etc.

Anyway, it would be a good trend for sewers to make them for friends, neighbors, or to donate. 

Probably not for medical workers, but just for walking around the neighborhood where there aren't many people walking, gardening, driving, etc., etc. 

Also for using as headbands and the other ways posted in the phot,

It needs to be stretchy width-wise to get it over your head.  It's long enough that being stretchy length-wise isn't necessary.