Honored Contributor
Try doubling the gaiter before puttin it on. It won’t slide down or cover your neck, just nose and mouth
Valued Contributor

I've got a summertime neck gaiter with UVA/UVB protection.  A lot of bicyclists and boaters were them here.

I think it will be handy when I run in and out of multiple stores or when I am playing at the playground with my grandkids.

It's easy to pull up and down and I don't have to worry about carrying it. 

I think face masks will be with us for months, so a selection of different styles makes sense for me.

Respected Contributor

@Oostende A wardrobe of gaiters and masks for the summer.  Nice.  I bought one of the super sun hats that has a veil over the face.  That is comfortable out in the open.

Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

@Oostende A wardrobe of gaiters and masks for the summer.  Nice.  I bought one of the super sun hats that has a veil over the face.  That is comfortable out in the open.

@KarenQVC 

okay what should i look at or search for to see what you are recommending?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

That's what I've been wearing--a gaiter--and it's hot as Hades, and the weather is actually cool. No way I can wear this in the summer.  Plus it starts to slip down my face and I have to keep hitching it up, a no-no. It doesn't fog my glasses, but the rest of me sure is humid. It gets hard to breathe and you have to pull it away from your mouth to talk or you're unintelligible, or I am.

I'm  ordering a dozen bandanas but will try rigging up some shop towel masks and see if they'll work until the bandanas arrive. At least the shop towels will be absorbent.

There are so many bad reviews about the blue masks sold on Amazon, I'm glad I didn't get to order a $40 box before they sold out. Hope QVC has chosen a reliable supplier for their masks.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45   Amazon---- Summer Fishing Sun Visor--by Comhats--$19.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

fishing hat.png

found this also......this might be a good idea.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

That's what I've been wearing--a gaiter--and it's hot as Hades, and the weather is actually cool. No way I can wear this in the summer.  Plus it starts to slip down my face and I have to keep hitching it up, a no-no. It doesn't fog my glasses, but the rest of me sure is humid. It gets hard to breathe and you have to pull it away from your mouth to talk or you're unintelligible, or I am.

I'm  ordering a dozen bandanas but will try rigging up some shop towel masks and see if they'll work until the bandanas arrive. At least the shop towels will be absorbent.

There are so many bad reviews about the blue masks sold on Amazon, I'm glad I didn't get to order a $40 box before they sold out. Hope QVC has chosen a reliable supplier for their masks.

@noodleann 

i purchased a set of 12 of these.....about $18.

i also purchased some "fashion tape."  i figured it could be pushed back onto the head easily when i dont need a mask and pulled down and secured with fashion tape when i do need a mask.

head scarf.jpg

Super Contributor

I am using a gaiter for one specific reason, but generally using the masks. I don't find the gaiters too hot, but then I live in the cool PNW. 

Did purchase a couple of different gaiters from QVC, neither of which have hemmed seams. Is this standard? Wondering how long before they start to unravel.

Respected Contributor

I began with gaiters in March as already had them on hand  when they regular masks were  so scarce. I have them for cold windy weather. However since summer  I prefer masks as no bulk on the back of tbe neck. I bought a cool mask on Etsy and wear standard paper ones. 

I see them on men more and my male hairdresser prefers a gaiter. He feels they are  more comfortable. They wash up easily as well.