Respected Contributor

Re: my grandson makes me shake my head

Little ones are adorable for sure.  You never know what will come out of their mouths.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

We had a similar problem with a granddaughter.  She loved to speak with different accents - we have no idea why.  But one da she was sitting in the shopping cart when her Mom was buying groceries - speaking like someone fresh out of London. A nice lady behind asked her where she got that cute accent. Her answer -  "My Mommy got it for me at WalMart".  

If I can make one suggestion, it would be to record him when he's talking in a different way.  Down the road you will love hearing it again, and further down the road he'll enjoy it too.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Ha!  He sounds like a hoot!!!!   One question....does he like or watch the English version of Peppa Pig?

no but his sister does and Angelina Ballerina.........I think both of those may  have something to do with it also................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

We had a similar problem with a granddaughter.  She loved to speak with different accents - we have no idea why.  But one da she was sitting in the shopping cart when her Mom was buying groceries - speaking like someone fresh out of London. A nice lady behind asked her where she got that cute accent. Her answer -  "My Mommy got it for me at WalMart".  

If I can make one suggestion, it would be to record him when he's talking in a different way.  Down the road you will love hearing it again, and further down the road he'll enjoy it too.

My daughter did sent me a clip last night of him talking in his accent to his dad, as his dad worked on the computer........he's got the accent down really well LOL..........................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

I have a grandson who is 3............he was/is a beautiful child, looks like a Hummel statue, but since dad is German and mom is a bit German also, that make sense.....and he is incredibility smart.........knows his ABC's......his numbers to 100, colors and shape.......AND is starting to read...........what does not make sense is.........today his mom had him at the grocery store and the box boy saw him sitting in the cart and said "hello" to him.........my grandson turned to him and said "hello sir"..........but did it in a British accent Woman Frustrated..........and continued on in his British accent till they got home..............then he went back to American...............that child is wicked smart but a tad odd........................................................raven

This is too funny...  What a little monkey he is !!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Raven, I know you are spiritual.  In my spiritual knowing, we have lived before - some many lives and in many lands.  Children still recall their last lifetime.  Your grandson may have some residual from a prior life in the UK.  They grow out of it as they get a little older.  Not too unusual - not to me anyway. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

Haven't read any of the responses, but my guess would be that he watches "Peppa the Pig" on Nickelodeon.  It's a British cartoon series centering around Peppa Pig and her family and friends.

Just yesterday, my 21 month old granddaughter asked, "Make sahnd cahstle, Oma?"

(When we go to the mall, she wants to ride in the "lift.")

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Ha!  He sounds like a hoot!!!!   One question....does he like or watch the English version of Peppa Pig?

I was just going to type maybe he watches a lot of Peppa Pig. My little granddaughter loves Peppa Pig and Dora, and is always running around saying Hola Hola Hola.........Just like Dora!!!!It is so funny!!!!They are so adorable!

Respected Contributor

So Cute !  Pretty darn clever that he can do accents at his age.

Respected Contributor

How cute!