Respected Contributor

my grandson makes me shake my head

I have a grandson who is 3............he was/is a beautiful child, looks like a Hummel statue, but since dad is German and mom is a bit German also, that make sense.....and he is incredibility smart.........knows his ABC's......his numbers to 100, colors and shape.......AND is starting to read...........what does not make sense is.........today his mom had him at the grocery store and the box boy saw him sitting in the cart and said "hello" to him.........my grandson turned to him and said "hello sir"..........but did it in a British accent Woman Frustrated..........and continued on in his British accent till they got home..............then he went back to American...............that child is wicked smart but a tad odd........................................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

Re: my grandson makes me shake my head

That's funny and, yeah, since you said it first, a tad oddSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

That's funny and, yeah, since you said it first, a tad oddSmiley Happy

It IS odd.........we're trying to figure out where he's heard a British accent to pick up on it..........all I can figure out is some of the educational programs she has for him, since most are British.......but even that doesn't explain why is he talking that way LOL............I blame it on his mother, she is a die hard Beatle's fan LOL........................................raven

Respected Contributor

Raven, y'all may have a very creative child on your hands.  I hope he's never stifled. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

That's too cuteHeart My boy was kinda like that. No accents, but he was smart and well spoken from a very early age. He was blonde hair, blue-eyed, really still looked like a baby, but talked like a full grown man. People were so shocked emotion_grin.png

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

I came back to share one about my grandson:

He's 3 yrs old at the time.  A plane flys overhead and Dad points to it and asks, "Where do you suppose it's going?" 

Grandson didn't miss a beat, answering, "Probably to the airport." 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

Raven, y'all may have a very creative child on your hands.  I hope he's never stifled. 

Oh never fear...........we prize creativity in this family...........and if he says...........please sir, can I have some more..............I'm finding him an agent......................................raven

Respected Contributor

I don't find it odd at all.  He simply is mimicking what he heard and thought he'd try it out.  It's what children do.  I think it's odd that you'd call your grandson odd.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

He's 3 yrs old at the time.  A plane flys overhead and Dad points to it and asks, "Where do you suppose it's going?" 

ROFL...............that was hysterical..............I bet his dad was speechless for a beat or two LOL............................raven

Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

mini haha.gifThere is just something .about little boysHeart

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines