Honored Contributor

Re: music today

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Yes I am 64 so my opinion is considered old and outdated... but I am listening to the today show this morning and the singer who is supposed to be SO AMAZING is singing ( Maggie Rogers) and I just do not think it is GOOD.

The words and lyrics to the songs are just repetitive... and hard to understand.  Give me Barbara Streisand any day..... 

I'm old to , and  i saw her and i actually like her.Most of today's music i do not like, i am a 50's 60's music lover ,i thought maggie was very sweet.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat   Love Sirius Radio.....live in Spa or Rock depending on life challenges at the moment!

@Suzeecat wrote:

Thanks to the Sirius radio in my car I don't get exposed to popular new music.  I mostly listen to 80s on 8 and Watercolors Jazz stations. 

Honored Contributor

I’m 59...and had older siblings, so I appreciate the late 60’s-early 70’s

music....but I adore all music, past & current.

I take many gym classes, which music is at the discretion of the instructor, so that allows me to hear different genres.  

Generally speaking, I like all genres.

If I like someone, I research their past & current contributions

to the music scene.  Jay-Z/Beyoncé, Kanye, Trent Reznor, Tool,

just a few who have expanded outside of music. When you’re 

that creative, the world is a whole new playground. 

Valued Contributor

BRUUUUUUUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Heart

Trusted Contributor

I saw Bruce in 1978, then on Broadway last year.  He's still got it.  Such a talent.

Valued Contributor

I've seen him around 50 times.  Love him!  Still has it!

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I just saw the Rolling Stones on sunday in Foxboro Massachusetts (my 13th time I might add) so you know where my taste is!  They were as great as ever, so thankful to have been able to see them again.......60's and 70's music was real music.   I'm 58 Smiley Happy

@LindaSal 60's and 70's music from people in their 60's and 70's!  And nobody broke a hip!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

We all are getting older ,remember how are parents hated our music,when we were young?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

My parents loved the music I loved ( still love).  Beatles, James Taylor, Bruce, Peter& Gordon, The Hollies..............loved them all.  But we were also exposed to Big Band music, and my father loved show tunes.

Honored Contributor
Bruno Mars🥰