Esteemed Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I'm not familiar with that artist but I tend to like most genres of music from all decades......some more than others.  I even like hiphop and light rap.  I do tend to favor groups over a solo artist though as I prefer harmony.

@shoptilyadropagain 

I took notice you use the word "artist". You must be so way way WAY younger than me because I just can't get why....well rappers most especially.....refer to themselves as and are referred to by others as "artists".

Honored Contributor

¡¡¡  Long Live Rock & Roll !!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Tonight I am going to see Peter Asher (of Peter & Gordon) for the second time.  His show is a retrospective (Paul McCartney was his sister's boyfriend and Peter has been in the music industry for over 50 years) - last year he came with Jeremy Clyde (of Chad & Jeremy).  I love listening to his stories from the 60s to the present.  My favorite band is The Beatles - second favorite is Foo Fighters.  The new stuff?  Don't get me started how worthless it seems.  

Valued Contributor

I love beach music and country music.

Honored Contributor

Music, like movies and designs is based on individual taste and we are all allowed to like or not like.  I agree with most of the posters about today's music which I am not fond of as much as all the decades of music leading up to the late nineties. 

I am a blues and jazz fan but love all music .  It would take a while to list all groups and individuals I listen to. I want to be open to all music but that doesn't mean I will like it all.

Honored Contributor

Linda Sal !

I can appreciate your love for the Stones as I feel the same way.  When they first appeared in the USA I used to see them at the Academy of Music at NY and the tickets were seven dollars!  I love them because in the beginning their songs were copies of blues artists and I am a blues fan as I said in my other post in this forum.  I remember Brian Jones waving to us at an upstairs window at the Music Academy, we were so excited, he was a big part of the Stones for the time he was with them.  

To one Stones fan from another, enjoy the legends of music, they still rock!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: music today

[ Edited ]

@sashamatthews 

I have seen Peter Asher in concert at Ramshead Tavern in Annapolis...and it was a lovely evening.  He is charming, funny, talented and has a divine voice.

I saw Chad and Jeremy there a year or so before I saw Peter A.  He was there with a large group of English musicians.  I think the review was called "The British Invasion."

We laughed (and cried) at some of the comments and the music was as wonderful as I had remembered.  I didn't see him when he was performing with Jeremy, but will try to catch him the next time.

I have the first albums done by both duos.  Fab songs for sure.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox Never thought of that...good idea

@I am still oxox wrote:

My hubby is 64 and so am I , he had a huge collection of music ranging from Rap to Opera, he downloads a lot of music fro CD's he borrows from the library

Esteemed Contributor

Re: music today

[ Edited ]

@spiderw 

Stones just played the FedEx arena in the DC area a week or so ago.  I think it has a capacity of 82,000.

Gotta love them for hanging in so long.  I would love to see them, but they are still doing huge venues and those are not my cup of tea.

There is a fab Stones tribute band called "Satisfaction" that I'll be seeing on August 9.  If you ever get a chance to see the, I highly recommend.

Their sound is perfect!

Honored Contributor

How could anyone not rock out with the Stones!  Don't care how old you are....even they are geezers and still hot blooded!

@LindaSal wrote:

I just saw the Rolling Stones on sunday in Foxboro Massachusetts (my 13th time I might add) so you know where my taste is!  They were as great as ever, so thankful to have been able to see them again.......60's and 70's music was real music.   I'm 58 Smiley Happy