Respected Contributor

Got several pop ups this am about a merger with aol, and yahoo. Got rid of them and then a letter appeared from them. I am fairly certain it is spam, but just wanted to alert people. I figured a merger like that would be newsworthy and have heard nothing like that.

Respected Contributor

I just heard from someone that they think it is not a scam, that the merger is real. Will wait to see.

Honored Contributor

Everytime I enter a Q contest ,my email is filled with garbage

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny

it is legitimate. there are updates to the terms of service/privacy policy for both yahoo and aol. it has been in the news for quite a while. i received the pop up yesterday prior to entering my email account and signed that I AGREE.

Oath, the media division of Verizon that runs both AOL and Yahoo, is finally unifying the privacy policy of its two giant legacy Internet brands.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

here is the information from over a year ago about the new company, OATH.

http://www.businessinsider.com/aol-and-yahoo-will-become-oath-after-merger-closes-2017-4

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info. I must have been asleep at the switch. Somehow I missed the news.

Will sign the next pop up. lol!

Honored Contributor

I do wonder if this spam i am gretting is from the contest also.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

all of the companies are updating their terms of privacy (GDRP) or something like that, so expect to get many emailings letting you know this.

AOL/YAHOO merger is last year's news but, updated terms might be coming 

Honored Contributor

Re: more strange spam

[ Edited ]

@hennypenny

There was some parts of the updated privacy policies that a lot of people dont like ...one was that they can read your emails...(but I found out they do this electronically to search for key words to send you ad suggestions)....But in reality its not that different from Google's/Gmails privacy policies..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: more strange spam

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

Everytime I enter a Q contest ,my email is filled with garbage

@cherry

Or after visting a website and placing an order if you agree to leave feedback about your website and ordering experience....and you get to the end and find out you are now eligble to receive other "excitng" offers.......  I placed an order with a pet website, Dr.'s Foster & Smith-ordered my cats flea treatment with my coupon .....and I fell for that survey and now am "eligible for discounts on 4 magazines of my choice"....I can picture my spam folder and junk mail in my physical mailbox filling up as I type this....Woman Frustrated   DONT DO THE SURVEYS--even if you decline the offers you still end up getting some kind of junk mail.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”