Honored Contributor

Re: mixed emotions/also flu/illness related

i will be standing in line with everyone else who decides to vote on voting day in my state. it really isnt any different than being in other public places and having to stand in line or be seated around others.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I early voted. I may be remembering incorrectly, but I seem to remember the lady who set up my booth wiped the screen and buttons before she did her spiel on how to use the machine.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@tansy wrote:

My home state uses mail-in ballots.

-----

So does mine. (Washington).  

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

@tansy wrote:

My home state uses mail-in ballots.

-----

So does mine. (Washington).  

Me, too.  🙂

Honored Contributor

I want to contact on Monday our Board of Elections to see if Primary ballots can be filed in absentee in my state. It's not clear when I ask that question on google. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I did a little research and found that South Carolina allows absentee voting, but only if you meet one of the listed reasons. One of the reasons is being on vacation at the time of voting, so I guess I can always schedule an early November vacation Smiley Tongue

I genuinely don't want to lie or be a rule breaker so that appears to be my only option. 

It does mention that if you are physically disabled you can vote absentee, but while I do have an autoimmune disease I still work a 60 hour week so don't feel like that fits me either. 

I also learned that South Carolina does not allow early voting, according to the website I was reading. 

I do like that you can vote in any primary in my state and don't have to be a registered member of any party. That suits me, as I am a proud independent voter. (crossing my fingers I didn't just cross the political line there)

I wish absentee voting was more available here.

Any suggestions for early November vacations? Cat Very Happy

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

I did a little research and found that South Carolina allows absentee voting, but only if you meet one of the listed reasons. One of the reasons is being on vacation at the time of voting, so I guess I can always schedule an early November vacation Smiley Tongue

I genuinely don't want to lie or be a rule breaker so that appears to be my only option. 

It does mention that if you are physically disabled you can vote absentee, but while I do have an autoimmune disease I still work a 60 hour week so don't feel like that fits me either. 

I also learned that South Carolina does not allow early voting, according to the website I was reading. 

I do like that you can vote in any primary in my state and don't have to be a registered member of any party. That suits me, as I am a proud independent voter. (crossing my fingers I didn't just cross the political line there)

I wish absentee voting was more available here.

Any suggestions for early November vacations? Cat Very Happy

@SunSprite, I'd sit on that plan for a while. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Oh, and @SunSprite, I hope your state eventually realizes that mail-in should be an option with any strings attached.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  You may want to reread your response & edit.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Thanks, @JustJazzmom