Honored Contributor

I have a friend who is quite a gardener, so she spent months scouring the dirt and grass for her missing specs.  She eventually found them in the case in the drawer where they belonged.  

Esteemed Contributor

True confession time 😵‍💫

Used to keep my old pair in the glove compartment for emergency use.

But kept the even older pair in the dresser for help finding the missing new pair.

Honored Contributor

About that old saying "You always find them in the last place you look?"  That's because you don't need to look anymore.

Respected Contributor

@catter70 My advice it to look on top of every single counter surface, night table, console table, table top, dresser top, desk top, etc. Perhaps even on top of the washer or dryer.   Then, look for them on your bedding, as perhaps you took them off to take a nap and forgot about them. Or, perhaps in a handbag when you switched them out to sunglasses. Perhaps they even fell off of a table onto the floor.  Don't give up.  They are somewhere. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Look under the chair where you usually sit.  That's where I found mine.

Your progressives should have a lens portion for close-up reading as well as a portion for distance vision.  Apparently yours aren't working for you.  Perhaps its time for an eye exam, a new prescription and new glasses?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@catter70 - Just read that you found them. I had a feeling they could have been knocked to the floor.  Sometimes mine fall off of my nighttable if I do not place them in the center of the table, as I am tired when I go to bed at night. 

Esteemed Contributor

Just to preclude the next time this happens ( there will be a next time!) buy a backup pair.  I buy all my family's glasses from Zennioptical dot com.  They are attractive, well made and cheap.  We recently bought a pair for DH that were $67 for stylish progressives including the frames.  Turn around time was about the same as from my B&M provider.

Respected Contributor

@catter70  I'm glad you found your glasses. St. Anthony has always come through for me, even if it is not immediately.

Honored Contributor

My readers have a habit of falling UNDER my bed.

Now, how do they manage to fall off my night side table and end up UNDER my bed? 

Thick carpeting, so they don't 'slide away'.  

Nothing like hanging upside down from my bed, trying to see them, with a flashlight.

By the way, what about prescription readers and eye glasses being equipped with a micro-chip?  Maybe connected to our I phones or whatever phones.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I've misplaced my glasses. I have my cheaters for reading, but these are progressives which I've never gotten used to but use for distance so I can read the guide on the TV. I just don't know where else to look. Have even asked St. Anthony to help me find them.  Don't want to pay out more money for another pair as these were a couple hundred $$$.

@catter70   I saw your newest post that you found your glasses.

(At least they were not on top of your head-where I have found mine before.

Don't judge me.  LOL Woman Tongue)

I am the same way-I have a few pairs of ICU readers because I could never get used to the reading lenses on my bifocal prescription glasses; I, too, need the distance lenses for TV and driving.

I cannot handle progressives.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh