Respected Contributor

I've misplaced my glasses. I have my cheaters for reading, but these are progressives which I've never gotten used to but use for distance so I can read the guide on the TV. I just don't know where else to look. Have even asked St. Anthony to help me find them.  Don't want to pay out more money for another pair as these were a couple hundred $$$.

Honored Contributor

Re: misplaced my glasses

[ Edited ]

Try to remember the frame of the glasses.  Color.  I once layed black frames on top of a black cord, and probably walked by mine many times in the day I tried to find mine.

I once zipped keys in a pocket of a purse.  So check zippered areas too. By a fluke of touching the inside of the purse, found them.

Hope you find them soon.  It's maddening.

@catter70 

Respected Contributor

Re: misplaced my glasses

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal  , I actually just now found them after looking all over last night up until just now. I think the cat knocked them off the bed and they fell between the end of the bed and dresser. You know the old saying, it's the last place you look. Thanks, everyone for your suggestions.

Trusted Contributor

@catter70, ASK "LITTLE JESUS HELP ME LOOK AROUND: THIS WORKS!!!! I WALKED AROUND FOR SEVERAL HOURS ONE DAY AND I HAD EARLIER PLACED THEM ON TOP OF MY MY HEAD!!! ANOTHER DAY I HAD PLACED IN MY LEFT HAND AND I AM RIGHT HANDED!!! TRY "LITTLE JESUS HELP ME LOOK AROUND". YOU WILL FIND THEM

Honored Contributor

@catter70 .............When I was young and saw mature ladies with their glasses on a cord around their neck I thought it was so ugly and I would NEVER do that.  Well, lo and behold guess who wears that now?  It does save me from losing my glasses a lot but I still take them off, lay them down somewhere and have to go on the hunt.

Im glad you founds yours.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@catter70 

Once you look in all the usual places, try looking around those places for glasses that could have slipped off the surface and fallen under or behind something.

When you find them, you can come over here and help me find where I hid a last minute watch purchase that I decided I didn't want to take to FL for the winter!  It is still in the box and I can't register it for the warranty because I don't have the #'s.

I am slowly taking apart my bedroom, my office, the bathroom, etc !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  @catter70 

Boy, do I feel you on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I also have prescription lenses, in addition to a gazillion readers everywhere!!!!  But you still NEED the right ones - to drive with for me.  So glad you found your eyes.

Trusted Contributor

Glad you found them!!  Since I have a cat, when I am looking for someting, I always get down on the floor.  Looking from his level does work!  LOL

Super Contributor

Years ago, I learned the hard way after our dog, a lab, chewed my MIL's glasses during the night.  I now use a glass case and also gave my daughter one to use, since she has two labs!

Honored Contributor

@catter70   So start from the last time you wore them....and retrace your steps ...