Honored Contributor

If you belong,do you get free shipping?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Most of the time, I shop in their store.  The merchandise is usually less expensive than it is online.

Some of their products come with free shipping, but remember it is higher priced to make up for it, and other things have a shipping charge.

I have only ordered on line once and it shipped free.  I got four pairs of Carole Hochman pj's on sale.  They were out of my size in the warehouse.

Costco also allows members to purchase items that non members cannot so, you have to be a member to take full advantage of what they have to offer. They are calls Member Only deals.

There are some perks that are for members only, but free shipping all the time is not one of them.

Contributor

In my area, (Pittsburgh) only if the order is over $75.  Now I usually only order food/grocery/household items and not big ticket items. 

Honored Contributor

If you are not a member,closest store is quite a ways from me ,can you order on line?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

If you are not a member,closest store is quite a ways from me ,can you order on line?

Some on line items are for "members only".  Those that don't require a membership are an additional 5%. 

Some items are free ship, some have s/h included in the price 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

If you belong,do you get free shipping?

Shipping is included for general merchandise. We recently replaced our kitchen appliances and they shipped all of them free also.

Costco does have a limited selection of grocery items that can ship on a 2-day delivery schedule (business days).  There is a $3.00 surcharge/delivery fee on each item unless the order reaches $75 before tax. 

Trusted Contributor
Free shipping is a bit of a misnomer. Often, if an item is available both online and in-store, they will state that the in-store price may be lower than the online price. The S&H is rolled into the cost of the item but because generally Costco's prices are lower than most other outlets it is still a pretty good deal.
Honored Contributor

Thre only thing we ordered online thus far was our desk top computer. Yes, we got free shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest :  I have been a Costco member for over thirty years and have never lived closer than 2 hours to a store.  I buy at least several hundred dollars whenever I'm near a store and I also shop online (usually clothing and electronics).

Esteemed Contributor

Most items have free shipping (I'm sure there's a dollar of two tacked on). A few items like towels (which are heavy to ship) have a shipping charge of a few dollars. Remember, Costco's prices are LOW - even if the item has a shipping charge - it's still a bargain. If u live near a Costco (I'm 8 minutes away) - I just go to the store and return the item(s) ----- so easy!!!! Many of the items I order on-line are not carried in their warehouse. Plus ---- u just click on their site and it's delivered to ur mailbox or front door. The convenience is so worth it. Can't beat their LOW Prices!!!! I've been a member almost 25 yrs and I shop just for me.