Honored Contributor

Re: manners really table manners

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Here are some interesting customs from around the world.

I think some people here would faint if they saw any of these happen.

But as they say, "When in Rome....."

https://www.thedailymeal.com/travel/burping-good-manners-and-other-etiquette-surprises-around-world-...

We were dining in Athens Greece at an outdoor restaurant.  Everything was beautiful and the food was delicious.  I was so absorbed in the wonderful mood and atmosphere, until a lady at the next table dumped olive oil from a beautiful ceramic bottle with a metal pour spout into her hand over and over again contaminating the bottle and oil by rubbing the contents  over her arms and legs....like Josie Maren, then touching the pour spout again with her hands to double dip.

Wow, that is a major turnoff, disgusting.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I don’t really notice other people and just concentrate on my table. I would notice at my table though but unless it’s my kid I wouldn’t say anything. 

Super Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Gorgf  Perhaps if she had said something it would have set him off into a screaming tantrum and chose the lesser of two evils.

I think that is the second problem.  There was a time when parents delt with tantrums by taking the child and walking out of the public space, going home if necessary.