Respected Contributor

Made zuchinni spaghetti with garlic, pancetta, tomatoes and parmesean. It was wonderful-----however, I recommend that you not spirialize your finger.

Honored Contributor

OwieSmiley Sad

Did you wing it or follow a recipe?

Esteemed Contributor
That sounds delish ! I'd add ripe olives and onion.

I'll bet your house smelled heavenly !
Respected Contributor

Re: made a delicious dinner

[ Edited ]

Hi, I just wing it.

I spirialize on to paper towels and pat to dry, then I put the zuchinni in the pan with olive oil and  whatever else I have. I had some pancetta so I sauteed it first in some olive oil then dumped the squash in and the tomatoes cooked for about two minutes, then added garlic last so it wouldnt burn. cooked another minute or so.Olives and onion and whatever is in the veggie drawer make it wonderful.

I dump it into plates and then add the parmasean cheese. Oh, last week I used some frozen shrimp and added a bit of butter and lemon and capers. Just about anything you would do with pasta you can do with the zuchinni. Last winter I did a lot of spag sauce, and also meatballs. I am diabetic so this invention is a delicious God send.

Respected Contributor

hennypenny. What spiralizer do you have? Thinking if trying this too.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Yes, please let us know which spiralizer you have. I need to get one! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: made a delicious dinner

[ Edited ]

I just have the cheapie original one called the spiralizer that is white and sort of egg timer shaped. One side is small and the other cuts larger "noodles".  My advice is to buy or use zucchini with a bit of stem left on. that gives you a bit of a handle. I got lazy yesterday and wasn't paying attention and tried to noodlize my finger.--Got mine at the one and only lovely CVS. (that's sarcasm)

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you started this thread.  I have been meaning to order a spiralizer and you reminded me.  Thanks!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

Made zuchinni spaghetti with garlic, pancetta, tomatoes and parmesean. It was wonderful-----however, I recommend that you not spirialize your finger.

Sounds great! I might try this with Spaghetti squash and avoid blood in the recipe. lol

Super Contributor

Hi HennyPenny,

I'm going to try this tonight.....if I have the energy. Been cleaning most of the day.

i found out almost 3 months ago that I am diabetic. I have my first A1C coming up after I started eating healthier. I will be super disappointed if it is not better than when first tested, which was an 8.

i have also lost 15 pounds. I am not eating bread, pasta, potatoes, or corn at all, or sweats of any kind. It actually hasn't been that hard. I am conflicted however on some foods. I google and get even more confused. For example. Do you eat blueberries, strawberries, or apples? Some sights say they are ok while other sites say no fruit at all. 

I was eating peanut for protein at breakfast, but learned that was a no no. 

I think I could follow any meal plan, it's just knowing what to do. I will be seeing my Dr after my blood test, but he wasn't too helpful in that regard when he first told me my diagnosis. I have been doing all of this on my own.

Any tips on what you eat will be appreciated as well as any advice.

TIA,

Demitra