New Contributor

Re: little kids on voicemail greetings

My daughter who is 12 now left a recording yrs ago that says ""we're not home. Leave us a message. Jesus loves you. "" We get so many people to say that they love this greeting! I see nothing wrong with it!
Respected Contributor

It is not a good idea to say ""we are not home right now"" so please leave a message. Could be an invite to have your home broken into.

Don't worry, be Happy!
New Contributor

That's true. Maybe I will get her to change it to ""leave a message. Jesus loves you""
Respected Contributor

On 9/12/2014 jbwnewtaw said: That's true. Maybe I will get her to change it to ""leave a message. Jesus loves you""

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

On 9/11/2014 route 7 said:
On 9/11/2014 Brendaxxx said:
On 9/10/2014 TheKingsMistress said: Not cute.

I agree.

Not cute; it's only cute to the family. You know, sometimes you are in a hurry and just want to leave a message. Not needed. IMO

My granddaughter says very clearly :"You called the ________'s. Leave us a message"

That's it. Short and sweet and TOTALLY ADORABLE doncha know?!! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor

On 9/12/2014 luvmyteddy said:

Years ago I changed my message to "please leave a message after the bark and had my dog leave a bark on the phone" I thought it was cute for about a week until I started job hunting, then I changed it. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

A neighbor changed hers to "I am not home right now I am out living my life"

I didn't care for that one".

Love that!!!

I like the cute ones as long as they are not loooooooong.

Super Contributor

It actually doesn't bother me that much, except in the case of my friends letting their child sing a song, which took unnecessarily long. I have a harder time with cutesy messages from adults.