Respected Contributor

Re: little kids on voicemail greetings

Beyond annoying, so far today I have gotten one child, one Hey, leave a message, maybe I will return your call - maybe I won't and at least two very long stupid songs that I had to listen to. Trying to make business calls and all this nonsense, well -

Shall I say beyond annoying again?

Honored Contributor

On 9/10/2014 TheKingsMistress said: Not cute.

I agree. Now I could put a recording of one of our felines making a pretty loud ""meow"". To me that is comparable to a little kid.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I think ours says, "We can't come to the phone right now. Please leave a message." I'm not sure our names are even in there anywhere.

Respected Contributor

Most people's voice mail should say ""I'm screening this call and if I feel you're important enough I'll call back imediately""....

I can't count the number of times per day that I call a client to get their voice message and 30 seconds later they call back....I know they screened the call....it's annoying considering they ask for the call but then don't answer when I call them.

Honored Contributor

On 9/10/2014 Issiestorm said:

I had friends at one time who let their kid sing a song. They once mentioned that they never got any messages.

Maybe that was their intent - lol
Esteemed Contributor

NO! I am not calling for children and they should not be on the recording. It annoys me.

Super Contributor

On 9/10/2014 Issiestorm said:

I had friends at one time who let their kid sing a song. They once mentioned that they never got any messages.

What a surprise!

We don't have a landline and cell phones are just the message that came with it - you've reached (phone number) at the tone please leave a message.

Valued Contributor

I have a pipsqueaky voice. If I answer, the caller asks for my parent{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Super Contributor

On 9/10/2014 sylviahomeatlast said:

I have a pipsqueaky voice. If I answer, the caller asks for my parent{#emotions_dlg.scared}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

My grands have the recording for their mother's phone. It is very short and sweet. Very sweet.