Honored Contributor

Re: (likely) Gotta "make like a tree and leave", haha (sorry)

@MickD wrote:

Go to the ER of the hospital that you were discharged from. Explain the situation with a discharge planner and it will be straightened out......you'll get some place to sleep.

I think that is excellent advice. Anyone who just spent over two weeks in the hospital must have been there for something serious. That's why they should be able to help her.

Also the police who did a well check left their phone numbers and told Feline Groovy to let them know if they could ever be of assistance.

Honored Contributor

I'm wondering why leaving Motel 6 means she cannot post after that? Motel 6 doesn't provide computers/tablets/cell phones, etc. that enable you to access the internet, they just offer wi-fi.

Presumably, that means that the OP has her own device that she's been communicating here with and many businesses offer free wi-fi that she could use that same device to continue communication, if she wanted.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's argumentative and calling out the OP.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 - exactly. It's simple ....I am a social worker/therapist. No professional would leave someone on the street....period. Unless she is fabricating......and something else is going on......then you're on your own. Period. 

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Trusted Contributor

@feline groovy, I know the immediate concern is trying to get permission to stay put where you are (or a new place pronto).  But my graver concern is the feds screwing with your SSD.  When that first happened months ago is what landed you in this predicament.  None of it is your fault.  I'm appalled that it keeps happening. How inept!

How can they just mess with your life like that and then not do anything to help clear things up.  They  owe you and should pay you back for all the fees, interest, $$$, etc. you have lost.  And then I'd tack hardship on top of it. I know, I know, but I'm just venting and wishing I could do more...or something.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I'm wondering why leaving Motel 6 means she cannot post after that? Motel 6 doesn't provide computers/tablets/cell phones, etc. that enable you to access the internet, they just offer wi-fi.

Presumably, that means that the OP has her own device that she's been communicating here with and many businesses offer free wi-fi that she could use that same device to continue communication, if she wanted.

That's not the point though. If you were in such dire --- majorly dire --- straits would you be logging into a shopping chat site and hearting posts? 

Honored Contributor

If she's back on line, I wonder why she hasn't come back to this thread she started?

Esteemed Contributor

No doctor would discharge a patient with a "chronic" condition, who has been hospitalized for 2 weeks, and then just leave them to their own devices.  The patient has to be set up with a Social Worker, have advanced doctor appointments and the list goes on.  She needs to be followed up and have Rx filled, etc......  So much to this "story" is missing....

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

No doctor would discharge a patient with a "chronic" condition, who has been hospitalized for 2 weeks, and then just leave them to their own devices.  The patient has to be set up with a Social Worker, have advanced doctor appointments and the list goes on.  She needs to be followed up and have Rx filled, etc......  So much to this "story" is missing....

Yes, many of us have said the same. No doctor would discharge a patient with medical needs that kept them in the hospital for more than two weeks without a plan of action if they were facing homelessness.

I am not sure what the disability is but there are many services for people with "disabilities" specific to the disability. I just wish Feline Groovy could avail herself of these services and most definitely she is falling through the cracks. She needs an advocate and should have been assigned one when she was first admitted to the hospital.

Honored Contributor

I'm a QVC 'old timer' and I have to say how much this poster's situation reminds me of a very, very similar situation many years ago on this board.

Same scenario re: health issues/eviction/electricity turned off/animals involved/tried everything for help, but no help available

A 'fund' was set up on another website by posters here and other posters sent money to 'help' and it did not end well.

I'm not saying that this is the attempt here, but it does feel like deja-vu to me.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.