Respected Contributor

Re: (likely) Gotta "make like a tree and leave", haha (sorry)

I think some hospitals would discharge a person like this.  FG knows she can always call police and ask them to take her to the nearest homeless facility.  From there she could be transported to an adult foster care home or low income housing.  A nonprofit furniture resource center could then provide her with the basics to start over.  This happens more often than you would think.  It happens every day and every where.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Most if not all hospitals approach discharge planning when the patient walks through the door at admission because the goal for all the team members (and the patient is one part of this team) is for the patient to be discharged back to their familiar environment or home.

A patient would never be discharged without a specific care plan in place so as others have said-- something is not being said or omitted from this tale.

As some of the posters here know, I worked in health care in the past too.

The Social Workers, Doctors and nursing staff all worked together and frequently referred patients to the SW department. Not to do so would be an omission of our care of the patient.

I think FG got discharged and did not know about the true situation. I am still not understanding if she got legally served for eviction, or the landlord said he was going to do it? FG didn't want a eviction on her record, so I assume she just left. The landlord can't get rid of her stuff until it goes through the legal process. He can store it etc.

The landlord can also charge her for storage. I think all he has to do is send her a certified letter saying, "You will be charged 'X' amount to store your property. If it is not removed by 'X' date, it will be deemed abandoned, and disposed of as such."

I think it's 30 days before property is considered abandoned, but he must notify her, and give her a chance to claim it. And he can't throw anything away, not even a used tissue, and he has to take reasonable care of it for that time. Meaning, he can't just leave her stuff out in the elements.

Assuming the landlord has an address for her.  Otherwise, he can post it publicly in the newspaper which she is not likely to see.

I don't see this ending well, Feline Groovy has always been so upbeat and funny.  For me, anyway, this whole thing is a complete turnaround in her personality and it's worrisome.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Just speaking in general, but there are people in this world who will shirk their responsibilities, and then mooch off of the system. They love to play the sympathy card, and portray themselves as the victim.

They become really good at playing on the sympathies of good, decent people, only to turn around and con them right out of their money.

They are really adept at spinning a yarn of such woe, that you think that a telethon should be started in their name.

But if one is smart, and asks them questions, you'll start to see holes and inconsistancies in their stories, or they'll become evasive, or flat out refuse to answer the questions, or angry, and that's when red flags should be waving all over the place.

There's nothing wrong with helping someone who is genuinely and truly in need.

But there is also nothing wrong with also checking things out first.

Because no one likes to be conned and lied to.

Super Contributor

In order for a person to spend over two weeks in the hospital, they would have to be near death first. Just saying.

Respected Contributor

I am seriously questioning why this thread has not been closed.

It's just idle gossip and speculation at this point...

Honored Contributor

Fireball wrote:

In order for a person to spend over two weeks in the hospital, they would have to be near death first. Just saying.

I'm not saying any more than what I'm saying (because I have not seen all the stuff going on here, so I don't speak to that), but I have definitely been in the hospital for way over two weeks and I was nowhere near death.

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

This thread closed for commenting