Honored Contributor

Re: just got my COLA notice for 2017...

@sktchy wrote:

I totally agree !  Our big Government at work.

😂

Doesn't seem to matter whether it's big, small, or other.  ;-)

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

all I know is I can't say his name because that would turn this thread into political if I say his name, but, on the 60 min program the big shot said "my mother is on Medicare" so, he insinuated that ones on it will stay on it, but, others at the time if when this new program goes into enforcement won't be able to get on what we now know as Medicare. What he spoke of I think will flop because people won't be able to afford what he's talking about.

I pray my sister who is 64 in May can climb on board in 2018 when she turns 65. She's a widow on SS , husband's SS.

Thank you!  ;-)

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Ain't seen mine yet.

hckynut(john)

Really hope you do soon, John.

Honored Contributor

I sure hope everyone who is upset about a small COLA this year is paying close attention to what our law makers are up to.  

Honored Contributor

@madzonie wrote:

I wonder if Medicaid will be on the chopping block down the road.  After all it more akin to the "freebies" that so many complain about since it covered by taxpayers.  Medicare is paid for by the participants, so if "they" cut or gut it, I don't see how "they" will skip Medicaid.

Yep, the 60 minutes program stated that Medicaid is in for big overhaul trying to weed out some bad stuff connected to it. Think Medicaid will be more affected then Medicare. Might be able to watch this interview on you tube.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.