Esteemed Contributor

I want to start off with an apology.

Over time I've noticed I tend to run low on patience and write my least 'gracious' comments on Fridays.

My apologies to all those who've found some of my posts, especially Friday posts, a little prickly. 

Although its Sunday, if you're an 'anything goes' person when here, you probably won't like this post either.

The first thread I opened today was a 'weather report' (rain, wind, etc) that had been posted (not by mistake) in the Fashion forum. Strangely, chaos reigned, and other posters in Fashion embraced this totally non-fashion post. 

I left Fashion and skipped down to Books. A poster there was promoting sales of their cousin's new book, now available for purchase on Amazon.

Moving on, I found myself reading an invitation to speculate/discuss someone's reproductive status, because, hey!, when it comes to certain people employed by Q, no subject is off limits as long as we're all anonymous except the person being discussed.

Ok, I admit it. I feel better now.

By the by, my outside cat had her kittens 10 days ago.

I was thinking of sharing all about them. What do you think ... should I post that in Sports, or Recipies?

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge

Many posters like certain topics and tend to hang out there.

After time, some of them bond and even get used to each other.  Because of that, conversation slips into a broader, sometimes more personal, conversation.

I don't have any problem with that, it seems kind of natural.

Esteemed Contributor

LOL, I don't know where to post it, @x Hedge, but congrats on the kittensSmiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: just a little chaos

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:

I want to start off with an apology.

Over time I've noticed I tend to run low on patience and write my least 'gracious' comments on Fridays.

My apologies to all those who've found some of my posts, especially Friday posts, a little prickly. 

Although its Sunday, if you're an 'anything goes' person when here, you probably won't like this post either.

The first thread I opened today was a 'weather report' (rain, wind, etc) that had been posted (not by mistake) in the Fashion forum. Strangely, chaos reigned, and other posters in Fashion embraced this totally non-fashion post. 

I left Fashion and skipped down to Books. A poster there was promoting sales of their cousin's new book, now available for purchase on Amazon.

Moving on, I found myself reading an invitation to speculate/discuss someone's reproductive status, because, hey!, when it comes to certain people employed by Q, no subject is off limits as long as we're all anonymous except the person being discussed.

Ok, I admit it. I feel better now.

By the by, my outside cat had her kittens 10 days ago.

I was thinking of sharing all about them. What do you think ... should I post that in Sports, or Recipies?

@x Hedge  I've only seen the one I highlighed in red, but you are not alone.  Nor did all posters embrace the thread because, as you can see, a post has been removed.

That was mine, objecting to the thread for the same reason you are.  And I'm really disappointed that when the mod took the time to remove my post,the mod didn't move the thread to an appropriate forum for it.  Like you, I came to that forum to read about fashion, hence the name Fashion Forum.  If completely OT posts are allowed to remain in a forum (and this post didn't even give people an OT warning to not waste time even opening the thread), there is no incentive not to keep posting them.  If the mods move them to the appropriate forum, maybe that will deter people from posting OT threads in a forum.  I don't think when the boards were set up with different forums, the intention was to make exceptions for people to post in a completely OT forum because that's where the person's friends post.  That is the usual reason I've seen for posting a completely OT post in a forum.  

Silly us, expecting threads in a fashion forum to be about fashion!

Trusted Contributor
Why haven't you had your outside cat spayed?
Respected Contributor

@x Hedge I saw that that invitation to speculate was posted twice, as I guess once was not enough. It was "moved" within minutes.  I decided to post a bit today but overall, it's a thin day for threads. Hope you have a good day. Masterpiece Theater tonight. Yay! 

Respected Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:
Why haven't you had your outside cat spayed?

She dishes on the kits in Pets, she's going to get hammered with that one.

Esteemed Contributor

@JillyMarie, I agree, and I also ask, why haven't males been neutered?  (the outside cats, that is)

@x Hedge - I like reading what you have to say, particularly about the garden.

Thanks for the posting!🐾

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@x Hedge I saw that that invitation to speculate was posted twice, as I guess once was not enough. It was "moved" within minutes.  I decided to post a bit today but overall, it's a thin day for threads. Hope you have a good day. Masterpiece Theater tonight. Yay! 

I definitely have a date with Sydney, 9 pm sharp.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

"By the by, my outside cat had her kittens 10 days ago.

I was thinking of sharing all about them. What do you think ..."

@x Hedge

My only interest in your post(vent)whatever, is this. We have had several "outside cats" since we moved into our home in 2000. Our last one, Princess, we had to euthanize about a month ago. Others, we are not sure what happened to them.

My interest is your meaning of outdoor cat. Would you mind telling me if your meaning of "outdoor cat" is the same as my wife's and I.

I will respond if you reply to this. How? That depends!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)