Honored Contributor

I don't understand why anyone has an outdoor cat unless it's restricted to a fenced yard and their person is with them.

A recent PBS show about cats said they are much more domesticated now, we're not talking about wild beings.

Saying we don't know what happened to an outdoor cat usually means it was something bad, like being hit by a car, being used for dog fights, getting wounded in a fight, on and on. 

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge, I don't have a particular beef about where stuff is posted, but I just wanted to tell you that I love the way you write. I enjoy your posts -- anywhere. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I don't understand why anyone has an outdoor cat unless it's restricted to a fenced yard and their person is with them.

A recent PBS show about cats said they are much more domesticated now, we're not talking about wild beings.

Saying we don't know what happened to an outdoor cat usually means it was something bad, like being hit by a car, being used for dog fights, getting wounded in a fight, on and on. 

I don't know Hedge's situation, but we feed and take care of several outside kitties. Even if we could get them inside (one maybe, one never, others I'm not sure), it could endanger our inside kitties who are all shelter rescues. So that's one reason people have outdoor cats. 

Honored Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

I don't know Hedge's situation, but we feed and take care of several outside kitties. Even if we could get them inside (one maybe, one never, others I'm not sure), it could endanger our inside kitties who are all shelter rescues. So that's one reason people have outdoor cats. 

Still doesn't make it right

Just saying

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Still doesn't make it right

Just saying

So...we should let them starve or suffer? I guess that's one way to solve the problem o.O

Honored Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@WenGirl42

THAT I understand, totally.  It's putting out pets, especially for the night, that I don't understand.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@WenGirl42

THAT I understand, totally.  It's putting out pets, especially for the night, that I don't understand.

I don't either. The thought breaks my heart!

Respected Contributor

Re: just a little chaos

[ Edited ]

In some cities too many animals inside the home requires licensing and then you'd be in the wrong zone as it's considered a business. Don't know what happens after that if you continue to have more than the limit. 

Esteemed Contributor

there's a thread with pic about a personal hairstyle in Q talk.  Don't know what that has to with QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:
Why haven't you had your outside cat spayed?

Dear @JillyMarie,

Because I thought it was best to have it done when she's NOT pregnant.